• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Glasses Mod – Steaming glasses reduced considerably!!
  • Jackass123456789
    Free Member

This may have been done before but hey I thought I'd show you my glasses mod that has certainly helped me.

The other day I went riding and five minutes up the road I had to stop to adjust my saddle, within seconds of stopping my eye brows are giving off more steam than a boiling kettle and my glasses are near impossible to see out of!

This got my thinking that there surely is a better way of keeping my eye brows cool to stop them steaming my glasses up.

So I took the clear lenses out of my glasses, put some masking tape over the lens, marked and drilled a series of holes across the top of the lens (see picture below).

After doing this I went for a ride and it helped immensely! No steamy glasses!! Throughout the whole ride I had no problems and it was only when I got home, got off my bike and was inside my garage that the glasses steamed up slightly.

Certainly recommended anybody doing this if they suffer too (although I did it to a cheapish set of DHB glasses and wouldn’t recommend anyone takes a drill to a set of £100+ Oakley’s!!)

nbt

Oakley actually sell vented lenses for M-frames. Can't afford to try them, mind…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bob heath visor spray stops misting virtually completely. Rainx not a bad substitute

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

NBT: I used to have a pair of Oakley Racing Jackets which helped but the yellow lenses on those went weird and Oakley wouldn't repair them so they had to go. 😥

TJ: I also wanted to see if I could improve air to the eye brows as they are the cause to most of my misting or sweat in eye problems!!

nbt

I've had M-frames for ten years now. I'm on my fourth frame, have destoryed three and for the cost of a new warranty (was £10 at forst, now it's about £14 think) got a replacement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Glasses Mod – Steaming glasses reduced considerably!!’ is closed to new replies.