Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Glasses and larger heads (again)
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Still having no joy here.
    Everything so far squashes my head.
    And when I'm riding, unless my head is bolt upright I'm looking straight into the tops of the frames. And if you look at me head on my eyebrows are above the glasses.
    I haven't got anywhere local that stocks big brands and I've now bought four pairs of £40/50 jobs hat are useless and cause pain in my temples.
    Any one else the same?

TooTall
    Free Member

Arnette make them big enough for my swede – but you need to try different styles.
    Go to a big city and visit some shops – not a lot else for it.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I have the joy of a big head – when i had to get some prescription glasses i could only find 2 pairs in town that actually fitted!

One word – Oakley.

I have M-Frames from many years back and the fit is ace. I tried a friends Radars and they seem even better. I did give those Jawbones a try in a shop too and they seemed nice.

andybach
    Free Member

I have a big head too 7 and 5/8ths in old money- (think Stewie Griffin turned through 90 degrees!) and always struggled to get a confortable bike lid – until i was wandering through a super market in down town Helsinki (as you do) and found several that fitted perfectly.

So shopping trip to Scandinavia seems the only solution!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Adidas do wider frames.

amd635
    Free Member

I have some endura glasses that have wide frames. I got them from edinburgh bicycle but don't see them on the website. They were approx £15.

Andy

bigsi
    Free Member

Ryders sunnies are the only frame that i have found to be wide enough without digging in to the side of my head
    Ryders Eyeware

They even have a buy online section 😉

Some sport shops stock them, i got mine in one from Norwich 😯

Krooges
    Free Member

I also have a large napper.

+1 for Oakley and Arnette (have used both in the past)

but in recent years have been using Rudy Projects for riding and loving them. Excellent optics and their photochromatic lenses are the mutts.

momo

Another biggish head here, and another Oakley recomendation, used nothing else for the last 13 years.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Glasses and larger heads (again)’ is closed to new replies.