Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Glasses
  • trout
    Free Member

All you bearly blind folks out there , I need to wear glasses now and they dont half make the eyes water when riding the bike .

any recomendations for prescription riding glasses that dont mean I have to sell the house to buy some

Onzadog
    Free Member

This is an obvious answer but has to be considered. How abut daily disposable contacts under your favourite pair of cycling glasses? Worked for me before I had the flap and zap.

GrahamA
    Free Member

I'll second Daily Contact Lenses. I have some boylle [sic] glasses with an inner prescription lense, the problem is that the inner lense fogs up and it is had to clean trail side. You also suffer if you want to take you glasses of on assents or under tree cover.

You can get a free trial (5 pairs) of contacts from most places if you have a consultation. After that lenses are about £50 for 30 pairs.

BigSteve
    Free Member

Try Optilabs

I've not used them myself so can't vouch for them.

qwerty
    Free Member

$$$ O A K L E Y $$$

Timmo
    Free Member

defo conacts and cycling glasses/sunnies, much easier i find, and i dont steam up when i stop!!

for normal glasses a lot cheaper than opticians can try either http://www.glassesdirect.co.uk or http://www.zenniopticals.com have ordered from both in the past and been great! zenni is better when the dollar is stronger though! we got 2 pairs from them for £25! (takes a fortnight to deliver as out of the US they come from Hong Kong)

TooTall
    Free Member

What about wearing glasses and riding a bike makes your eyes water? I've worn specs for a very long time and don't quite understand your problem.

andybach
    Free Member

Daily disposables i think is the best solution, but i've also got some adidas evil eye with inserts which i really like and don't steam up.

I occasionally wear my work safety glasses which have a prescription lens – not going to win any style awards but ok for riding.http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/my-plugins/bb-smilies/default/icon_smile.gif

birky
    Free Member

Those frames look quite chunky, maybe go for something that suits the shape of your face a bit better 😉

coatesy
    Free Member

I used to find the wind whipping around the edge of my normal specs caused this too, also tried the Bolle option with seperate lenses with attendant fogging/cleaning/sliding down due to extra weight. Got on fine wearing disposable lenses, but not removing them(apparently a common problem for us manual labour chappies, guess it's to do with hard skin on our fingertips), so went back to Oakley M-frames with RX inserts, not a cheap option by any means, but they work brilliantly and come with a choice of lens shapes to suit most faces(i've gone for Heaters as they have the closest fit).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Glasses’ is closed to new replies.