• This topic has 18 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Glasgow Mountain Bike Club – biking on the telly :)
  • iainc

awaits flaming, yes, I am the geek with the Orange Camelbak and the Soul, talking about my inept tumbles 🙂

watch from 29 min 30 on, for 3 or 4 mins :

here

strackbaz
    Free Member

I’m in the video too along with Son of Mike (another member on here). I was wearing the Go Pro, unfortunately held up on the descents by Iain 😉

tomd
    Free Member

I tried to watch it but couldn’t skip past a long advert for dentures. They’d obviously heard about your riding Iain!

matt_outandabout

80s of adverts? sheesh

OK, good fun riding though 🙂

WackoAK
    Free Member

Tats, beards, mincing..

no Audi’s or Niche bikes so that’s a STW fail 😉

And WTF is going on at 32:07??

iainc

And WTF is going on at 32:07??

that is a comedy section, which they edited into the wrong place……if you see Gary at 31.45 he smacks his nuts off his back tyre, the 32:07 bit is him rubbing them better 🙂

iainc
    thepurist

Hate to say it, but based on that it looks tamer than the Olympic course that everyone was moaning about. Looks a fun ride though.

gavstorie
    Free Member

far to much talking up of cathkin braes… It’s mediocre at best

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mediocre? Don’t talk pish.

It’s utter dung!

fasthaggis

Bunch of fannies Great film 🙂

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Are people forgetting Cathkin isn’t a trail centre – it’s an XC race course, and for that it’s very good. Try riding it at full speed on a 19lb race bike and 600mm bars/100mm stem.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not forgetting that at all dan, and I’m sure it’s a very good race course, not expecting it to be a trail centre. So far GCC have a vested interest in keeping it in order for the games, let’s see if that continues after the games are over, and the castlemilk massive carry on with the vandalism that been pretty evident so far.

iainc

Nobeer – what vandalism has been done to the trails ? None that I know of so far apart from in first few weeks. The locals seem remarkably accepting of us cohabiting their buckyfest areas so far and there has been none of the predicted trouble. All the Council do is cut the grass near the paths, which they always did. There have been a few trail tweaks last month but not due to any removals by locals.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve been twice, and both times there were boulders pulled out the side of the descent down through the woods and placed on the trails, second time there was smashed glass (Bucky would you believe!) on more than one place, not to mention the fact they have to put a bloody fence up round the wee tunnel at night! 😯 😀

I hope it is kept going, but I think it was a missed opportunity. A trail centre with options would have been a far better legacy for Glasgow, way more value to the average joe than a race course.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Anyway, no wanting to argue Iain, I’ll need to watch the boys in action!. 😀

iainc

Nobeer – I didn’t know about the boulders, that’s a bit crap

iainc

Double post

iainc

Nobeer – I didn’t know about the boulders, that’s a bit crap. Agree its no trail centre but handy for folks in the city and a decent wee ride for a few laps. Agree the proof will be in the pudding legacy wise though…..

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow Mountain Bike Club – biking on the telly :)’ is closed to new replies.