Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Glacier perfect curve vs Castelli diluvio gloves.
  • houndlegs
    Free Member

Sorry to ask about gloves again. But has anyone used both of these gloves and would say one is better than the other?
    I was all set to opt for glacier glove but Ive got a voucher for Wiggle to use and they only do the Castelli.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Anyone?

sweepy
    Free Member

I can’t give you the comparison you asked for but for what its worth I have the glacier gloves. Not used on the bike yet, but been used for canoeing. I can put my hand in ice cold water and not even know (unless it went over the top I suppose)

gazc
    Free Member

i have the glacier gloves (haven’t tried the others) but used them for a few cold wet rides, so far they’re really good. hands got a little bit clammy but paid off by the fact no water got through and totally windproof. they’re much more tactile than thick winter gloves too so i found less need to take off to get food out of my bag etc which saved getting cold hands too. the cuff is nice and long so with a jacket over the top doubt you’d get much water in them in a proper downpour. not sure about long term use, i’m a bit worried they might shred in a crash on sharp rocks/gravel but we’ll see how we get on

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I’ve crashed in my Glacier gloves and they survived. They are warm, totally water and wind proof and, as mentioned above, tactile. I think they are a great idea. Yes, they get clammy, but dry out well enough if turned inside out. They don’t pull out a built in liner if you remove them on the trail, either.

singlespeedstu

What do the glaciers size up like?
    I seem to be between a large and xlarge on their size thingy.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Go for the large.

Northwind

They’re reasonably tough but not as tough as, say, a pittards palm or a typical hard-use mtb glove- I put a hole in a knuckle while punching a tree a while back frinstance. It’s basically the same stuff as drysuits, I think, and they’re durable enough to be knocked around a bit- but also, drysuit repair kits work on the glacier gloves so I just patched it up.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And there ain’t any stitching, my gloves pretty much always fail at stitched edges. Brilliant gloves, had mine for 3 years now, hardly a mark on them.

singlespeedstu

Ta.

Northwind

They’re stiched- look inside! But I think probably also welded, or bonded, or somesuch for the waterproofing

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Size wise, I bought a large based on their size chart, but had to sell these as they were too large and buy a medium, instead.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies everyone.Given the lack of direct comparison,I think I’ll stick with the Glacier and spend my Wiggle voucher on something else.

singlespeedstu

My large glaciers have arrived.
    How tight should they be?
    I can feel the pulse throbbing in my fingers when I put them on. 😯
    Palms seem about right. Do the fingers stretch in use? or have I got sausage fingers.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Hmmm,I havent pulled the trigger on these yet. What did everyones hands measure and what size did you get?

singlespeedstu

Just had a reply from them saying to send them back freepost and they’ll swap them for an XL.
    They don’t stretch and shouldn’t be that tight.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Glacier perfect curve vs Castelli diluvio gloves.’ is closed to new replies.