Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Giving up the mtb for winter – sell all the bits or let dust settle?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Focussing on road riding work and might be moving to Stamford with bugger all riding and no free time till July.

I’d keep the frame to mount on the wall but tempted to sell my 07 XTR bits or keep the bike which will get dust…to rebuild will cost £££s and I’d get bugger all for the bits but use towards my road habbit.

Keep or sell? give to old man as a toy?

firestarter
    Free Member

personally id keep them if you dont need them. but this is from biter experience lol

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Its just there no mtbing I know off around Stamford Lincs but enough time for road rides.

I wouldn’t be xc-ing for another year or two and moving again probably.

Off to google xc riding in Lincs.

amplebrew

If you don’t need the cash then I would keep it.

Otherwise it will cost you a lot more when you decide to start mtb’ing again.

Another bike is always handy to have around to use as a spare or just to take out for a bit of change.

I tend to use my mtb on the road when I want to kick back and chill.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I might keep it for explorative duties.

Found Bourne Woods thanks to bike radar posts from Lincoln riders and Forestry Commision.

Probably spoilt from the local woods next to where I live.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’d keep it. I go through phases of just riding the road bike then nothing but the mountain bike. Having the ability to change is nice, even in flat, flat, flat Lincolnshire.

amplebrew

Frankenstein – Member
    I might keep it for explorative duties

Good idea 8)

antigee

not that far to the peak district from stamford (by car that is)for a weekend ride

ps well actually the same distance however you travel but for pedants will exclude hyperwarp alien space craft

_tom_
    Free Member

Living in the flat east midlands is awful, I know your pain being from Northamptonshire 🙁 I’d keep the mtb, mine gets ridden most weekends (road bike in the week for “fitness” rides) and it’s sort of more of a treat than if you can ride it every evening!

cynic-al
    Free Member

selling will be a good way to lose money, even moreso on high end kit, which doesn’t improve that much over time.

Won’t you have access to a car? Weekends away?

corroded
    Free Member

My thinking is that VAT is going up next year, prices are going up, so I’m tempted to buy a complete bike in a sale this autumn, sell the frame and use it for spares for the next year or two. Then again, that may be my tenuous justification for a new bike…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I’m keeping the thing and hopefully find something local but I won’t have time for weekend rides away till July from work I have to bring home-which by then I will br crying for a mtb and looking at the prices too.

Thanks for the insight and stopped me being foolish.

_tom_ – Member
    Living in the flat east midlands is awful, I know your pain being from Northamptonshire I’d keep the mtb, mine gets ridden most weekends (road bike in the week for “fitness” rides) and it’s sort of more of a treat than if you can ride it every evening!

I wonder if is riding technique on flat areas that will help you climb when it comes to road sportives and mtb marathons? ride a harder gear?

Thanks again everyone, just patted my mtb on the saddle 😀

Diane
    Free Member

I wouldn’t get through the winter without my mtb

robhughes
    Free Member

Diane +1.
    i,d be lost.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Giving up the mtb for winter – sell all the bits or let dust settle?’ is closed to new replies.