Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Giving spd's a go help needed
  • pendlechris
    Free Member

After plenty of should I, shouldn't I, I have decided to give up the flats and give spd's a go, what I want are your recomendations for a pedal I can get out of rapid if needs be and a decent pair of shoes without spending the earth

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you're just going to give them a try, I'd go for Shimano pedals as they have a very consistant feel. Back the adjustment off as much as you can and then build it back in as you get comfortable. Shoe wise to start out with, get something with a very minimal tread, that way the sole isn't going to hook up as much on the pedal. I've always found that shimano pedals work best with their shoes, anything else and you sometimes need to trim the sole so you don't hook up. Shimano M520s can be had for about £20 if you look around.

chrisd
    Free Member

Shimano mt31 shoes are good (well, cheap, and they work).

geoffj

Spesh Tahoe shoes work well – avoid pedals with a platform until you are confident clipping in and out or you'll think your not clipped in when you are and do the comedy fall.

Oh and you WILL forget and do the comedy fall. Just try not to do it turning right off a busy A9 as I did!

Dimmadan
    Free Member
    fubar
    Free Member

Shimano 520 is all the pedal you need (£20 on CRC)

Shoes are all down to fit for me…couldn't get on with Shimano Shoes (too tight)…Specialized Taho now…wider but still had to up the regular size…you need to try some on and just pick a pair that is not uncomfortable (I don't find many are very comfortable)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Giving spd's a go help needed’ is closed to new replies.