Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Giving enduro a try!
  • phil40
    Free Member

Hi,

I am happy riding the red trails at QECP and Swinley (not exactly gnar I know) and helped marshal at the QECP enduro last year, which made me very tempted to give it a go this year! Will I be in way over my head if I enter (is there a novice class?) or is it possible to survive and have fun! I am thinking of the QECP enduro because it is close and I ride there quite a bit!

I ‘race’* XC so I like the feeling of going all out, I just thought trying something new is always good for the soul!

Cheers for any advice for a first timer!

*race = go fairly slowly in open and end up in the last 10!

nuke

Go for it. Did qecp night & day last year as my first enduro and thought it was great, then did the downhill qecp event and that snowballed to signing up for whole southern enduro series this year 😀 qecp events are a great intro: really well run with a good atmosphere but then you must know that if youve marshalled 😉

phil40
    Free Member

I was on the off camber rooty section last year (can’t remember which section), it was great to see how the fast peeps took it (never seemed to touch a root) and how more mortal riders (I think how I would ride) did it, bouncing off every root and ending up at the bottom of the slope! Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves though!

darrenspink
    Free Member

You never know until you try. Its great fun, get on a race while its dry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Giving enduro a try!’ is closed to new replies.