• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Giving blood
  • molgrips
    Free Member

How long, if at all do you rest up before doing ‘strenuous cycling’?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

About the time it takes to snaffle all the free biscuits you can.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I’d do a regular 1-2 hour bike ride the next day, with the knowledge that I’ll be “a bit slower”. I wouldn’t do anything ridiculous for a few days.

bigblackshed

I usually ride to and from the donor session. The ride home is usually a bimble. Proper riding the day after feels like riding through treacle, two or here days and I’m fine. Summer donations normally take a bit longer than winter ones to recover from.

59 donations so far, so I’ve “studied” the effects a bit.

m0rk
    Free Member

Yup, ride the next day…. But it just feels like you had a long ride the day before, nothing special

Coyote
    Free Member

I always feel better when I’ve given blood. Usually give it 24 hours before going to the gym, not noticed any detrimental effects.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I always feel better when I’ve given blood.

The Victorians were onto something after all?

shermer75
    Free Member

You’re losing just over a pound in weight so that’s gotta help on the hills a bit 😉

seadog101

Nothing that day, next day maybe, but nothing serious. Just drink plenty of water for a day too.

carlos
    Free Member

Donation day is usually a Sunday and I ride as normal on a Monday night.

As above, just feels like you’ve had a big ride the day before and not quite on your normal pace. Gives me a chance to chat to the lads at the back

Dickyboy

I always feel better when I’ve given blood.

you are my polar opposite & I claim my £5 – generally either pass out or put off too many customers by looking so ghostly so haven’t bothered for years 🙁

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Think I read that there’s 400kcal in a unit of blood. Either that or it takes 400 to replace one. So it can only make you faster!

lunge

I don’t do much for 24 hours, a gentle bimble maybe but not much beyond that. I think I read it takes up to 2 week to replenish your blood levels, I know I can feel the effect for a week at least.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Giving blood’ is closed to new replies.