Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Given in too easily
  • rascal
    Free Member

Weather wasn’t great yesterday so decided against bike ride, thinking I’ll get a final 2013 ride in today.
    Woke up to find it pissing down again…
    I know there’s ‘no such thing as bad weather…just bad gear’ etc etc – needless to say I don’t feel very inspired to get out there yet again.
    Really hoping I get my biking mojo back in 2014 and get out there regardless as biking in 2013 has gone out with a pathetic whimper over the last few months.
    Anyone a p*ssy like me? 😉

federalski
    Free Member

I have barely spun a wheel these last few months.
    In the vicious circle where if I go out now I know I’ll be panting like a loon, yet the longer I leave it I know the worse it will be.

Plus the weather is garbage…

bruneep

Not me.

Man flu/cough n cold has prevented me from riding for a couple of weeks now.

wwaswas

My road bike has been getting a lot of use in the past couple of weeks.

I don;’t mind getting a bit wet but riding through inches deep mud has lost it’s appeal.

rascal
    Free Member

The thing is I DO have road bike too…IF it stops raining I’ll go for a spin to blow the cobwebs away before tonight’s NYE houseful piss-up.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Trudging through inches deep mud got old years ago. It’s why we cut through a network of lesser known Singletrack that doesn’t get the traffic to turn to mud.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ve not done an awful lot in the last few weeks, but I’m happy to say gloat that at least I have some well-drained trails near me. When I do get of my arse at least there’s something fun to ride. I’d never ride my mountain bike in winter if all my local trails were mud-fests.

mattjg
    Free Member

ride when you want

if you don’t want, don’t

worst thing to do is get in a stress about it

rascal
    Free Member

Dusted the road bike off and did a VERY short loop around Loughborough.
    Glad I made the effort but bloody hell my fitness has dropped off a cliff!

belugabob
    Free Member

Called of a scheduled ride in the woods yesterday, because there were a lot of trees down and we didn’t want to risk getting caught out by more falling trees in the windy conditions.

I’m now looking out of the window, trying to decide if it will clear up enough for me to ride the 12 miles that I need to break the 1500 mile barrier for the year.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Turbo trainer has been a fitness (such as it is) saver for me. Just today bought myself a Mio 505 GPS so hoping to play with it tomorrow. Will be the road bike though as its sopping round here, soggy peat is just not fun.

OCB
    Free Member

I went out for a couple o’ hours at the weekend and it was pretty uninspiring, the tracks were all just slop, and the roads were any/every combination of being mashed up, covered in mud / gravel / leaves, flooded.

I also found a recently (traffic) killed adult Roe doe up a lane too, which made me sad.
    😐

Everything felt gritty and horrible by the time I got back in, and to be fair, I did kinda wonder why I took the bike out, as a walk might have been more rewarding, but there you go, it’s just the weather.

By contrast …

Give it a few days of clear sky and it’ll be more tempting, especially if you ride somewhere new too, I took a bike on the train to Plymouth back along and had a ride around the city, having a decent look at all the places I know, but don’t actually ever properly look at – and it made for an interesting day out – the bike was a great way to explore, as you can cover ground, and poke about down quiet back-streets (which may or may not be a good thing 😉 ).

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m too ill to ride. Coughing up my lungs! Else I would have ridden.

belugabob
    Free Member

Well, the aforementioned weather window arrived at about 17:00, so I popped out for a couple of laps of town on the cycle paths.
    Rain started again, just a I got back, so timing was pretty spot on.

1502 miles for the year – a new best for me! 🙂

Off to cook a stir-fry for me and Mrs beluga – couple of glasses of wine and see out the last few hours of the year.

Have a great New Year, guys and gals – here’s to lots more ace riding in 2014.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Given in too easily’ is closed to new replies.