Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • GDPR – who's ready?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Indeed, though I’d be reluctant to call it scary.

Kryton57

Why? Its a huge amount of effort and exposure for any organisation holding data, electronic or otherwise. If you are a small organise subject to potential multiple fines you’d be very nervous.

willard

I need to learn this. Ok, it’s outside my current remit, but there’s a potential career path that would make knowledge of GDPR useful to have.

dadbike
    Free Member

How would this regulation affect small businesses?. It seems like it could be a real headache if you are a relatively small ecommerce outfit. Presumably mailchimp et al would manage much of the compliance for email marketing.

Kryton57

Yes and i would make assumptions about anyones abilit to manage gdpr at the moment.

lovewookie

This is way off what I do, but I’m not sure anyone in my work properly knows either.

Could someone explain in laymans terms what it is and who it’s likely to affect?

as far as I can see it’s essentially personal data management, but you hae to prove that, if requested by an individual, you have securely removed them from your database?

We’re a contractor, dont do much in the way of cold calling, and numbers we do get are normally in the public domain anyway. how does it fit with maintaining a database of existing client numbers and potential clients?

what about email enquiries from potential clients and communications between us and our existing clients? all contain personally identifiable information, are we expected to log deletion of these if requested to do so?
    I can potentially see a situation where a company has an employee leave, and they contact us and others requesting that we remove that individual’s information from our data. would we now be require to provide copies of what we have and proof of deletion?

thanks if anyone can explain further.

selkirkbear
    Free Member

I might start a REACH regulations thread to see if I can rival this one

Don’t get me started!!

Kryton57

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘GDPR – who's ready?’ is closed to new replies.