Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Give me your super easy slow cooker recipes
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

As title. Something along the lines of stew/casserole type thing but open to anything. I have just bought a 3 litre one if that makes any difference to the recipe or amount of liquid added?

Ta

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice rich stew.

Cubed shin of beef. Chopped onions, garlic, carrots. Lea & Perrins. Beef stock cube. Herbs au choix. Big old glug of cooking red, or half a bottle of big, rich beer. Tin of chopped tomatoes.

8hours plus. Totes delishballs. As da yoof say.

mtbabuser
    Free Member

pearl barley and celery are also good added to the above combo!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lamb
    Rosemary
    Onions
    Garlic
    Celery
    Red wine

Cook for 4hrs

tomd
    Free Member

1. Take a joint of meat of your choice. Beef, lamb, gammon, venison etc all good.
    2. (Optional – it just makes it look better once finished) Sear the joint on each side in a very hot frying pan
    3. Throw into slow cooker without any stock or whatever. Switch to low and leave for the day while you go riding.
    4. Return to lovely tender roast

mogrim

1kg sliced onions, 100g of melted butter, mix and cook on low for 8 hours (warning: this will make your house stink of onions). Add 1l of chicken stock and cook for another 5 hours on low. Preheat grill. Pour onion soup into oven-proof bowls, float a slice of French bread on top and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Grill for 5 min.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

lump of meat
    bottle of wine

8 hrs later…

richardkennerley

Quarter an onion, place in slow cooker, chop up a lemon, stick up a whole chickens bum, put in slow cooker, turn it on.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Sunday brunch,

Slow cooker Baked beans

400g dried cannellini, haricot or northern beans (just rinse)
    2 onions, peeled & chopped
    2 cans tomatoes (400g / 14oz, each)
    3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
    1 ham hock or 1kg pack cooking bacon (lidl/Aldi)
    1 tablespoon smoked paprika (optional, makes it a bit spicy)
    Place beans, onion, tomato, worcestershire sauce and ham hock/cooking bacon in a slow cooker Add 1 cans worth of water and 2 tablespoons brown sugar if you prefer your beans a little sweet. Cover tightly with foil and the lid.
    Bake beans for 10/12 hours on low, or until beans are super tender and the ham is falling off the bone. If it looks a little dry, add some more water. If it looks too soupy, increase to high and cook longer until the sauce has reduced to your liking.
    Makes one huge pot full…..

Serve on thick sliced toast and top with a poached egg…

jimmy

Did this last week….

Ox cheek
    Mushrooms
    Onions
    Beef stock (I used a stock pot + about 350ml water, just enough to cover)
    Oyster sauce
    4 cloves
    2 star anise ‘petals’

Leave for as long as you can, 3-4 hours minimum or until the sauce has thickened. Fork the meat apart and serve over boiled rice and scatter with sliced green chillis and spring onions.

I made this up as I went along, it was amazes.

Duffer
    Free Member

First experiment today with the new slow cooker; lamb, onions, carrots, stock…

Smells good so far!

MoreCashThanDash

Lump of pork/ham/gammon.

Can of full fat Coke

Leave for a few hours.

Suspect it would be even better with some JD in the coke…

TheDTs
    Free Member

Perfect timing, picked up a slow cooker for £16 in Aldi today..

cheers_drive

Chilli con Carne

Cut beef brisket into cubes and brown in frying pan before adding to slow cooker.
    Also fry cinnamon, chilli powder, garlic, cumin, add tinned tomatoes and beef stock and bring to boil. Transfer to slow cooker.
    Add sliced onions and peppers, and kidney beans, cook for 6 hours, Stir in a couple of squares of dark chocolate before serving

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Give me your super easy slow cooker recipes’ is closed to new replies.