Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Give me your overshoe reviews
  • DavidB
    Free Member

Probably looking for moon on a stick, but requirements are:-

-easy to get on and off whilst out riding
    -fit well round a Shimano MT71 shoe
    -don’t get wrecked on hike-a-bike sections
    -properly keep the water out
    -don’t have zips (every zipped overshoe I’ve ever had has failed)

I have Endura MT500’s but they fail on the on/off/zip test and also sweat my feet to death so I end up getting just as wet. Any other options to consider?

trail_rat
    Free Member

There isnt an over shoe around that does what your asking, you describe a light weight winter boot.

scrumfled
    Free Member

Planet x neo overshoes fit the bill. I’ve been using them for a couple of seasons now…

Speshpaul

Planet x neo overshoes fit the bill
    they fit every bill at £9 (last winter) whats not to like.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of pairs of overshoes in the past. Some generic neoprene ones and some MT500s.
    The MT500s win by a mile for me as overshoes go, BUT! I got hold of a pair of old Shimano winter boots (DH100s or something) and a MUCH better experience overall offroad with none of the faffing.
    Overshoes make a lot of sense on road, but offroad I just found them a pain.

DavidB
    Free Member

Planet-X recommendation looks nearly spot on, worth a punt at £10.

I like the MT71’s as they have a vibram sole and are the best I’ve found for extended carries

Ta

grahamg
    Free Member

Another vote for planet x 10 squid jobs here.

slowrider
    Free Member

Give me your overshoe reviews

They are one of the stupidest things i have ever seen. shoes don’t need overshoes unless you are wearing the wrong shoes.

DavidB
    Free Member

shoes don’t need overshoes unless you are wearing the wrong shoes

Or you can’t be arsed with scrubbing ten tons of shite off your shoes when sticking the overs in a sink and then washing them is far more convenient.

warpcow
    Free Member

sticking the overs in a sink and then washing them is far more convenient.

You wash them!?!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wash your shoes ? Seriously ? At best i hose them off with the bike….at worst the next days commute is usually wet at least one way.

Pete-B
    Free Member

I wear over shoes for road biking in the winter but long ago gave up with them for off-roading.
    Get proper mtb boots like Shimano MW’s (insert brand of choice) and the job’s done properly.

richmtb

MT500’s are very good as far as being an overshoe goes, getting them on and off is a total PITA though.

I tried some Altura over shoes and they were pretty poor.

For the road I now use and those Mavic toe warmer half overshoes and off road in winter its flats, sealskins and Shimano DX flat shoes

Pete-B
    Free Member

Oh yeah – wearing my MW’s this week for commuting in the rain. Luverly dry feet.

taylorj
    Free Member

I’m with David, I just wash my overshoes!

DavidB
    Free Member

Get proper mtb boots like Shimano MW’s

i’ve got some, crap for hike-a-bike compared to MT71’s and also crap as an “evening shoe” when credit card touring. Trust me I know after carrying my bike up and over the 3 highest UK peaks.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Give me your overshoe reviews’ is closed to new replies.