Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Give me your homemade pizza ideas!
  • mactheknife

Just been making some homemeade pizzas with the boy and realised that im pretty rubbish and unimaginative in the kitchen.

So what u got 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Keep it simple and don’t overload with too much topping. I like tuna and red onion (along with the margarita base of course).

santacoops
    Free Member

Rosemary. With everything.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

The secret to most italian food is keep it a bit rustic, and certainly don’t drag too many flavours in.

A couple of key complimentary ones is best.

I like to make a white garlic sauce base, and then just add black olives, thinly sliced leeks, and then either mushroom, peas or sweetcorn for a bit more colour.

And then rather than use white mozarella, use gorgonzola instead.

timber

I lost WW3 trying to put baked beans on a pizza, but I am sure it is a killer combination with a bit of pancetta and chorizo, if only I had won I could’ve told you how good.

pear, stilton and walnut
    chill con carne

donsimon
    Free Member

Homemade tomato sauce with basil, oregano, dried and crushed chili peppers and garlic.
    Toppings cheese, best if it is a bit smokey. Chicken in BBQ sauce, pimiento de padrón and red onion.
    All washed down with a nice Rioja.
    Pukka.

yossarian
    Free Member

Harissa
    Gorgonzola
    Seared mushrooms

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Tuna
    Capers
    Anchovies
    Done

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

chewkw
    Free Member

Put some MSG and it will taste brilliant …

Nothing beat MSG the taste of god.

emsz
    Free Member

Go to Tesco and get some Wrights Parmesan and Sun Dries Tomato bread mix for the bases. then add tomato sauce. Fry an onion and garlic until soft, lob in a tin of plum tomatoes, oregano, and basil, reduce for a bit, splash of worcester sauce.

thin slices of buffalo mozzarella, peppers, red onions, fresh basil leaves. (add chorizo if your a meat eater) for the topping.

20-25 mins in 180 deg pre heated oven.

fisha
    Free Member

simple base tip: … add some semolina flour to the dough mix to give it that dusty rustic feel.

tomato base: squeeze out some tomato puree into a bowl, add some oilve oil, pepper, basil and some water to thin it down a little, use that as the base sauce.

toppings … as already said, go light with the toppings – especially the cheese ( if any ) .

my favourite is rocket leaves and some light smoked ham or italian ham. spinkled over and no cheese.

mactheknife

Fantastic, ill be trying some of them out soon 😀

hels
    Free Member

I had a very nice pizza in the Dolomites once, at the height of the non-dairy stance.

Thin pizza base
    Smoked salmon (thinly sliced and lots)
    Rocket
    Wasabi

Superb !

Brown
    Free Member

Butternut squash (cook it first)
    A bit of bacon
    Some feta
    and rosemary.

(With a little bit of tomato underneath.)

My personal favourite. (At least until manage to recreate the leek pizza I had in Wales a few years back.)

And my mate swears by dusting some semolina underneath it to cook.

EDIT: Dammit. Now I’m hungry again.

Harry_the_Spider

Peppers, olives, goat’s cheese, chillis, olive oil and a sprig of fresh basil.

Cougar

My ‘ace of base’ tip is a dash of honey in the pizza dough. Feeds the yeast and makes the dough taste incredible.

I make my own garlic butter to go between base and tomato. Dead easy; soft butter, garlic puree, basil / oregano / parsley / whatever Italian herbs you have to hand. Nom.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Give me your homemade pizza ideas!’ is closed to new replies.