Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • give me some ideas
  • peachos
    Free Member

the usual story – i have CTW scheme money to spend and am looking for ideas of what i could get. was at wheelbase on sunday & am really tempted by the whyte 905. the genesis altitude also appeals.

but in the <£1500 price bracket there must be loads of choice – so give me some more options to consider?

i have a 6" FS & a steel SS so looking for something to fill in the gaps, ie – for all day xc/enduro's etc. would consider HT or FS.

DT78
    Free Member

I went for the charge duster with some upgrades. Really nice bike, I'd recommend it. No idea what it weighs in at, but I really notice the difference in terms of acceleration over my other bikes whenever I ride it.

The-Badger
    Free Member

Considering the latest reviews, i think you've got it right with the 905 to be honest.

Bregante
    Bregante
    Bregante

[/url]

Robespierre
    Free Member

You could get close to a full build Ti 456 inbred for under two grand at the moment I'd have thought.

Robespierre
    Free Member

Well, you could have had a 2010 revelation/slx full build for two grand, looks like they are all gone…except one part of the site say's the 16 inch frame is still in stock.

Bregante

fancy a handjob? – from merlin that is 😳

[/url]

peachos
    Free Member

DT78 – i thought about the duster, but was a bit put off by the 100mm fork. do you know what is the max travel they are designed for? what did you upgrade?

peachos
    Free Member

that crush looks ok too, what would it be like for all-dayers?

Bregante

the 2010 crush is supposed to be lighter/more xc orientated than the 09 one. I have a Rocky Ridge and get round all day on that okay and that is more like the 09 crush (approx 29lbs).

peachos
    Free Member

suppose the crush is more similar to the likes of the mmmbop & the BFe

peachos
    Free Member

peachos
    Free Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘give me some ideas’ is closed to new replies.