Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Give me a pulled pork recipe please.?
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

Fancy some comfort food tonight and want to make pulled pork with a sauce on. Have it on some wraps or rolls with onion rings! Yum.

Anyone got any cooking suggestions? Maybe a BBQ sauce over it. Looked online , but seeing with the STW collective have! Cheers.

epicyclo

Is this for filling a

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Hopefully not!

Mintman
    Free Member

I did the one from the mongolian kitchen website a little while ago and that went down well:

Nom nom nom

sadexpunk

just asked my wife for her recipe, and shes cut and pasted this for you. its lovely!! 🙂

1.5-2kg/3lb 5oz-4lb 8oz pork shoulder, all fat removed 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 1 tsp mustard powder[ 500g passata 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar[*]2 cloves of garlic, crushed 3 tbsp sweetener salt and freshly ground black pepper

method

In a small bowl, mix passata, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweetener and seasoning. Transfer to a small pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Meanwhile, trim and remove all visible fat from the pork and sear all sides in a hot frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray. Transfer to a roasting tin lined with aluminium foil and pour the sauce over the pork making sure all the meat is covered. Cover with the foil and bake on 160°C for 4-5 hours. Remove the pork from the oven and place on a cutting board. Allow the meat to cool for approximately 15 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Thanks sadexpunk, looks good and straightforward (that’s what I need). Thank the good wife too .

johndoh
    Free Member

Better start slow cooking it last night then.

Ohh, hang on…

BTW – I smother in Reggae Sauce. Job done.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Hairy bikers have a good recipe.

loddrik
    Free Member

Watches thread with interest!

chewkw
    Free Member

hhhmmm … I like.

I usually boil a big lump of belly pork then once cooked leave it to dry.

If I wish I can roast it otherwise I just eat it that way with sauce … whatever I can find.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Gone for this one in the end, seemed straight forward. Just added some red chillies! In the oven now, smells great. It’ll be ready at 8! I’ll let you know how it went. http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/tv-show-recipes/sunday-brunch-recipes/cajun-pulled-pork-recipe

Some onion rings and potato wedges to go with it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Give me a pulled pork recipe please.?’ is closed to new replies.