Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Give me a good 3-4hour route from Osmotherly
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Looks like I might be able to squeeze in a few hours riding time on my way south on saturday morning. Osmotherly would be an ideal start/finish as its just off the A19, so minimal additional driving, and I know there’s some good trails to be had from there. So what’s the best combination that’ll get me the most smiles per miles take no more than 4 hours?

smogmonster

Head south from Square Corner Carpark, over Black Hambleton, choose any route that fits in any or all of Thorodale, Noddle End, Sneck Yate and Sutton Bank. The Tylas Farm, Barnclose Farm, Cliff Wood track is also good fun. Then take the Low Thwaites BW upto Bilsdale Transmitter and then head round Barkers Ridge to Scugdale, climb up through Clain Woods and head back to Osmotherley before a couple of miles road warm down back to Sq Corner. Should see you good for 4 hours.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

thankyou. I’ll get that onto mem map later. 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Do you mean down Sneck Yate and up Sutton Bank, or along the top?
    And up or down Cliff Wood track?

Cheers

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of gpx files of 30km-ish rides starting from Square Corner if you want them.

You could upload them to somewhere like http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/maps to see the routes.

One heads out to Hawnby, Boltby, down Black Hambleton.

The other goes up Black Hambleton and then loops up to Bilsdale transmitter and back.

You could easily link bits of both of them.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

ninja – ygm

neninja
    Free Member

Sent you 4 routes all starting from Square corner. You can link them to make a longer ride if necessary.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thanks guys.
    I’m thinking of driving up to Square Corner on friday night. Go for a short spin if I get a chance, then bivvying down, ready for a dawn start.

I don’t suppose you know if Square Corner is “safe” at night, if you get my drift?

Trekster

By coincidence I will be in Osmotherly for a week(1st wk July). So thanks from me to on the routes, will go get me a map 😆 Which map btw, not got gps.
    Are any of you guys local to the area and fancy a meet`n guide ride ❓ Happy to return the favour if you are up in Dumfries Stanes-land anytime, off piste ofcourse 😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Trekster – you want OL26

I’ll do a screendump from memory map of the routes and send them to you.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I don’t suppose you know if Square Corner is “safe” at night, if you get my drift?

Yeah, you’ll be reet..

I’d never leave my car at Sneck Yate tho’, was riding out from there a few weeks ago, and came back to find my mates car broken into…

DeeJay
    Free Member

Are any of you guys local to the area and fancy a meet`n guide ride

We often have a wednesday night ride from Square Corner – couple of hours and then a visit to the chippy in Osmotherley (fabulous fish) – email in profile if you fancy – be nice to meet up again 😀

keavo
    Free Member

what time do you want set off on saturday. i’m available for guiding, from square corner or ossy. paul.keavney1@ntlworld.com

Trekster

DeeJay – Member
    Are any of you guys local to the area and fancy a meet`n guide ride
    We often have a wednesday night ride from Square Corner – couple of hours and then a visit to the chippy in Osmotherley (fabulous fish) – email in profile if you fancy – be nice to meet up again

Cheers DeeJay
    Will defo take you up on that. Will be over there 1st week in July so that will be a date on Wed 6th 😆
    I do like a good fish supper 😆

ir_bandito – Member
    Trekster – you want OL26

I’ll do a screendump from memory map of the routes and send them to you.
    Cheers, got it.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Keavo – planning on starting riding 5am ish 🙂
    Need to be back in the car by 10:30 or I;ll get lynched by the missus for leaving her at my folks for too long….

DeeJay
    Free Member

Trekster- I have put the 6th in my diary

DeeJay
    Free Member

Trekster- I have put the 6th in my diary

oops

Trekster

Magic 😆

keavo
    Free Member

ir_bandito, i’d like to show you round but don’t want to get up at 4am. it would be like another nightshift (what i’m doing now) on my days off. if your coming back to the area another day at a later start time, get in touch.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Trekster – we will be at Square Corner around 6.15 – 6.30ish on Wed 6th. Email in profile if you want my mobile number ‘just in case’ 😀

Trekster

DeeJay ygm. Where is this Square Corner? poor mobile reception until at top of hill coming down into village

DeeJay
    Free Member

Thanks Ton 😀

Trekster

Cheers Dave & Co, great ride and social ending
    Happy to show anyone around my patch if/when they are up my way, can even manage a chip shop finish although I must get their number 😀

DeeJay
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it – even that ‘light’ shower did’nt spoil it 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Give me a good 3-4hour route from Osmotherly’ is closed to new replies.