Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gisburn in the wet
  • headfirst
    Free Member

What’s it like? Very muddy, slippy or well draining? Got a skills day with bearded Ed on Sunday, looks like we’re going to get a soaking. Think I might as well keep my Mud X’s on…

crispo
    Free Member

Its pretty good actually.

There are a couple of board walk sections that can be slippy in the wet, but generally its pretty good as all built to drain.

Im going tomorrow evening in the rain so can let you know what its like after the soaking were due tonight!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I certainly wouldn’t use mud tyres there whatver the conditions, its pretty much hard pack every where.

I’d mention your tyre choosing dilema to Ed, and hopefully he will show you that skills are much more important than worrying about whether to use a mud tyre or not…

martinhutch

It’s fine. Hully Gully can get a bit dirty and slippy, but I don’t think Ed uses that. Don’t bother with mud tyres.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I went on a skills weekend with Ed there a couple of years back in January. It was grim but its all pretty rocky and all the bits which were really sh*tty back then have been sorted out now (up near the slab etc).

headfirst
    Free Member

Hmmm, the other tyres I’ve got are a ‘quick’ (well-worn) Kendal Nevegal and Blue Groove combo… crispo a report back would be tops, cheers

Edit: cheers for comments, I’ll whip the mud tyres off tonight then!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Its surprisingly good Many of the terrible muddy bits have been sorted, I was very impressed when there couple of weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn in the wet’ is closed to new replies.