Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Gisburn forest reviews please.
  • dannymite1981
    Free Member

Going for first time saturday or sunday,would just like to know some info like how long to do the trails,what they are like and how long and quickest way to get there from sheffield.cheers

tmb467
    Free Member

Depends on how fast you are but I’d give it a few hours – more if you session the hope line and swoopy.

New skills section can be fun too

Sunday will be busy too…warm weather and opening day so mebbe add some more time

From Sheffield head to Leeds then a65 towards malham. At long Preston turn left and head out for about 5 miles

dannymite1981
    Free Member

cheers,sounds good.

grum
    Free Member

Not sure it’s worth a 4 hour + round trip TBH. No insult to the builders etc intended.

dannymite1981
    Free Member

being from sheff though i cant really go anywhere half decent other than the peaks in much less than 2hrs but ive been doing them every weekend for a year know and fancy a change.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Its not my favourite place but I blame that more on my bad head than the place, although Hully Gully was shot to bits when we rode it right at the end of last year.

However…… Lots HUGE amounts of work have gone into the venue recently and I’ll be heading back for another ride soon, top work from the volunteers 😀

grim168
    Free Member

Thing is theres a cafe now. So do a lap have lunch then do another 😀

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Once spent 12 hours riding around the Trails there 🙂

There was only one hill that I didnt look forward to on the course I still hate it.

dannyh
    Free Member

It is surprisingly not all that hilly taking into account where it is. There are stiff climbs and good descents, sure, but no long climbs.

In my opinion, it’s quite similar to Cannock if you ignore the setting. A bit more ‘northern’ but not a really big day out. Locals probably know at least twice again as many cheekies, but that’s the case nearly everywhere.

It’s a good blast-around.

stumpyjon
    mike399
    Free Member

Opening day on Sunday? I thought that was a couple of weeks ago?
    I too am planning on first trip on sunday – is it going to be mobbed?

stumpyjon

Got snowed off last time. Might be busy but the new car park is open, double the size of the old one.

mike399
    Free Member

Result!

MartynS

By all means go and give it a go but I’m not a fan. Thre really wasn’t any decent downhill at al. It felt like everything semi decent just went up a bit
    Hully Gully was a boggy knackered mess as well which was a real shame.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Been there 3 times this year and it’s a really neat little trail center, you might need to do a couple of laps, Hully Gully is boggy low down so go high, there are a few braking ruts in places but it’s nice and rocky on other places.
    The challenge is to do all of the sections including up to the slab without dabbing on your first visit

trevron73
    Free Member

I went OTB on my first visit on the section after half baked ? i saw it coming told my wife to watch the root then rode into and OTB i was pissing myself then snapped a chain and game over.Oh i lost the wife as well for about 3 miles and 20 mins i had to retrace and found her sitting on a rock ! not taking her again ?

Mugboo

More info required on how to lose the wife please..

Dales_rider
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOKu3szJ58E&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/video]

philfive
    Free Member

The new skills loop is good and the snake and swoopy are brill.

mrelectric

Make sure you get the correct turnoff at Long Preston; it’s the second left not the first one with the sign posted Gisburn! Check the map.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn forest reviews please.’ is closed to new replies.