• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by diz.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gisburn forest offical opening
  • Gribs

The press release seems very vague so does anyone know what exactly is happening this Saturday? Will the trails still be rideable in the morning?

neil853
    Free Member

i'm riding there from around 10:30 so i hope so 😕

rammyrunner
    Free Member

:idea:Hmm…. a potential for off road duathlon to complement the on-road one at Helwith Bridge. Have to get up there and see how it looks now.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

This is my invite, all the details should be on there, even if your not invited to the lunch I'm sure they'll be pleased for as many riders as possible to attend the jaunt at 11am:

When: 19 September 2009 11:00-14:00 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London.
    Where: Dog and Partridge, Tosside.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dear Sir/Madam,

You are cordially invited to attend the Opening Event for the New Gisburn Forest Mountain Bike Trails hosted by the Gisburn Forest Mountain Bike Trail Partnership at the Dog and Partridge, Tosside. On Saturday the 19th of September 2009.

'The trails are part of the Ribble Valley Sports and Physical Activity Alliance (SPAA) and were completed with the aid of a £60,000 lottery grant from Sport England. £60,000 was also contributed by the project partners – the Forest of Bowland AONB, Ribble Valley Borough Council, Ribble Valley Strategic Partnership, United Utilities and the Forestry Commission. Gisburn Forest Trail Builders, a group of enthusiastic riders from throughout the region have helped on a number of volunteer trail building days organised by the Forestry Commission. The group has contributed an estimated £15,000 of value to the project by hand building over 1,000 metres of new trail.'

The event will begin with an optional informal ride from the Dog and Partridge around the top end of the new red grade mountain bike trail facility finishing back at the Dog and Partridge for a buffet lunch. The event is being hosted to officially open the new sections of mountain bike trail as well as say a big thank you to the hardworking volunteers who have given a significant amount of their time to build over 1km of the new route. The ride will be suitable for experienced mountain bikers and you will need to bring a suitable mountain bike and wear a helmet. If you do not wish to ride please meet us at the Dog and Partridge for the official opening at 1pm to be followed by a buffet lunch.

Itinerary
    11am – Ride from Dog and Partridge, Tosside. Suitable mountain bike, helmet and clothing required. Ride start time – 11am.

12.30pm – Return to Dog and Partridge
    1pm – Official Opening followed by buffet lunch.

Please can you RSVP by using the voting buttons above or by e-mailing me at *************** before Friday 11th September.

stumpyjon

Glad you got an invite, I've had nothing. 👿

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Jon, Do you want Nigel Ps email address?, I'm sure it's just a techie error oversight that you didn't get an email. I'm sure he'll add you in on the lunch despite the late hour.

I'm working Saturdays, so won't be there.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

What's the parking like at Dog and Partridge? I might have a ride round if this weather don't improve. Thinking of getting there about 9AM. Will there be restrictions, or is there room for us all?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

There's the pub car park and across the road is a public car park, you could also probably park up the forest road which starts at the side of the pub. They're riding at 11am tho, not 9am.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

They're riding at 11am tho, not 9am

Yup I know, but I'm not a great one for official functions and talking shops, so the thought is to go and get a ride in before it all gets too organised.

stumpyjon

Cheers

Thinking about it Martin Charleworth is probably the only one with my email address and he probably doesn't know who I am. Half an hour ago I would have taken up your offer, unfortunately I've just been told my little lad's got to go back into hospital tomorrow morning for some surgery (he had a big op 2 weeks ago and somethings not healing correctly) so there's no way I could have made it anyway. Should be there for the next dig day, hoping we'll be onto the woodwork.

diz

Stumpyjon hope your lad is ok! When is the next dig day?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn forest offical opening’ is closed to new replies.