Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Gisburn Forest
  • Mackem

any good?

Tried to go there today.
    Went on some really narrow road. Van coming in opposite direction, tried reversing to nearby junction to give him room.
    Left two wheels go down a ditch – cant get out. Other bloke cant get through.
    Pushing didnt work.
    No tow rope.
    Try jacking up car and putting stones under wheel. Lying face down in a muddy pool. – other bloke stayed to help (he could of gone different way – cheers fellah)
    Jack breaks. Stuck under car. Fellah goes – dont blame him.
    Another fellah turns up, loans me his jack, wont go under car properly abandon that idea and he goes different way.
    Have brain wave and bike multi-tool allows me to very slowly lower jack.
    Another bloke turns up from other direction. Tells me he had to tow another mountain biker out a ditch round the corner a few weeks ago. Apparently the GPS always sends people down that way to Gisbirn Forest – not the best way.

He watches me try to get out. Didnt work – he goes how to get tow rope.

Try car again but turn wheels to face opposite direction and in reverse. Hurrah I’m free. (wonder if it would have worked first time?)

Chased down fellah to tell him no need for tow rope.

Went home.

At least I learned not to take that route, how to use a jack and there’s plenty of folks happy to help.

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s good but it might not be that good.

When you thinking of going back? I might try to get over there in the next week.

Mackem

Next Thursday.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ah right, no worries – one thing I’d say is maybe allow enough time for two laps or a good play about on the DH area and hope line.

One lap isn’t quite enough to make it worth the journey for me (one hour).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn Forest’ is closed to new replies.