Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gisburn Forest?
  • rockitman

Is it worth a look? Just seen the review on the front page and it looks OK. My folks live over there and I’m heading there this weekend…

zokes
    Free Member

I did the shortest loop with my very novice GF. She liked it, I thought it was a bit basic. I’m sure if ridden fast enough it could be fun…

smokey_jo

Existing routes are a bit fireroady and good for beginners – nothing intimidating. There’s lot’s of interesting stuff off-piste although a local’s knowledge is required to find most of it.

The new trails are currently under construction and not ready for riding yet so don’t expect typical trail centre fayre. There’s lot’s of other riding around Lancs and there are the infamous Bogtrotters rides on Saturday and Sunday if you have transport.

rockitman

Cool, thanks. Grew up in Skipton so know a few good loops. Might give Gisburn a miss then and do Sharphaw, Flasby etc instead

snowslave

There’s some v good riding nearby, based around Dunsop Bridge or Slaidburn. Thinking Whin Fell, Dunsop Fell Harden Fell etc. All of those you really have to earn your downhills with some brutally hard climbs. I suspect they’ll generally be a bit mud bound at the moment though? There’s also a massive fell crossing on the Salter Way between Slaidburn and Wray. Killer views, v remote indeed, not hard to ride but long.

And there are European Killer Owls to contend with too.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Liking the look of that downhill course. Is that signed/rideable? How long is it?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Davey
    If you are talkin about the DH at Gisburn then they are very short runs but there are a few lines built with jumps and drops. Alot of it is winter muddy other than the landings which mostly have been armoured. there is a quarry nearby to do a bit of playing around in, but that might now have machinery in to crush stone for the new XC trails. It’s worth a look if you are local. The landlord at the Pub in Tosside is one of the main people involved so give him a visit for more info.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn Forest?’ is closed to new replies.