Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • gisburn conditions and starting point?
  • wilsonthecat
    Free Member

A few of us are planning a trip to Gisburn on Friday for the first time. Is it possible to pick the trail up from the Dog and Partridge? I assume most the trail is posted including the red/black sections?

Any ideas of current condtions?

Thanks all!

carlosg
    Free Member

I was there just over a week ago , conditions were reasonable on most of the trail only a few places being really sloppy. The rollercoaster section as far as I know is still closed for repair/bedding in.

Definately start from the pub , it only adds about a mile to the route but there's a free jetwash to take the worst of the cack off your bike ,the beers nice and so are the chip buttys!

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Thanks!

Do all the new sections tie together and lead back to pub?(website doesn't provide a hugh amount of info!)

PTR
    Free Member

You start at the pub, follow the track to the sawmill, and pick up the trails just past that, you are looking at a short joining route, but the advantage, as Carlosg says, is the pub!

carlosg
    Free Member

carlosg
    Free Member

The route at Gisburn is a figure 8 the road from behind the pub leads to the cross over point(more or less) , it's a good start point because you could do your favourite part of the loops twice.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Thanks all

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘gisburn conditions and starting point?’ is closed to new replies.