Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • gisburn
  • Pook

I had a day in gisburn yesterday – liked it generally, it’ll be better in the dry though.

Quick question; just how tall are the big berms on hully gully from the stream crossing to the top of the corners? They felt like a house side – pretty sketchy being up there in the wet!

philfive
    Free Member

What did you think of the new stuff? Haven’t been up to hulls gully for a while as I avoid it during the winter.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I was there too yesterday (bright orange Marin) and yeah, Hully Gully was a bit bloody scary and thick with greasy mud. TBH didn’t expect it to be that bad when compared to the rest of the circuit.
    New stuff is great, really well designed and lovely to ride.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pook

what was the new stuff? it was my first visit

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Gisburn Trail Dev. FB

Last few vids on here.

Swoopy, Final Furlong, Snake and Skills Loops.

Looks good.

Pook

ah, swoopy was ace. Fast and fun. If the final furlong is that bit from cocklet hill to the new car park, it was fantastic.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

How soggy was the ‘8’ apart from Hully Gully…

..wondering about a visit this week.

Ta.

d4ddydo666

I’ve been going up there nearly weekly over this winter and found it all very rideable (except the Slab) even in snow, though Hully scared the bejaysus out of me last time. Admittedly I’m off the bike for 2months having smushed my little finger, but that was definitely rider-error 🙁

martinhutch

There’s a vid on the FB page linked above showing Hully Gully at the weekend – basically a muddy line in between frost and snow.

I did a “3/4 loop” on Sunday, basically all the lower loop plus climbing up to the top section bit of fire road and returning along Bottoms. All of that was spot on except for some ice in the trees just after you climb away from the stream on Bottoms.

Met a few lads who had done the whole thing, and they said it was mostly OK.

The new sections are ace, particularly the bit descending away from the skills loop area. Skills loop was fun, needs a bit of time to settle in though.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Thanks for the info 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘gisburn’ is closed to new replies.