Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gis a job! South Wales/west?…. Please pretty please
  • dirtyboy

Hi currently undergoing tupe transfer process from one company to an another, only problem is that the new company doesn’t want to continue having air conditioning engineers on the contract and wish to subcontract the work out. This leaves me in no man’s land at present as I don’t know if I would move to the subcontractor or whether I would be kept on in a different role or be made redundant after 11 years. I’m due to move across on the 1st of March but all we have heard so far is that all staff are going on 30 days consultation as soon as we do. I’m an air conditioning/refrigeration engineer with 24 year’s experience based in Newport South Wales
    But I’m fairly adept at anything spannery electrical. So just casting around in case someone has a dream job going for me. Cheers Dirtyboy aka Ian

dirtyboy

Re-up

dirtyboy

Re up

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    logical
    Free Member

You tried finding out who they are contracting to and asking them?

dirtyboy

I’ve been offered a role on a different contract with my current employer, it’s a sad day as I loved my job. But never say never I could always go back once everything is stable. I’ll now be fixing air conditioning and doing minor fabric repairs in the department of work and pensions. I couldn’t find out which contractors they were going to use as they don’t know themselves yet.

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you considered setting up your own company and offering your services as the sub-contractor?

Worked for me when my old company decided to do the same.

Maybe get more people involved if there’s more work than just you can handle.

dirtyboy

It did cross my mind about setting up but there are a lot of obstacles to doing so, and the thought of being cut adrift if they changed their minds, which erricson do on a fairly regular basis, not too mention the somewhat severe service level agreement penalties which can hit 14k For not getting a site on air within 3hrs
    Didn’t really fancy dealing with them to be honest.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gis a job! South Wales/west?…. Please pretty please’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts