Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Giron Terraduro or Mavic Crossmax XL, any experience
  • Gunz
    Free Member

I’vealways used Sidi XC slippers but with a move to more endurance type racing I’m looking for something that’s a bit more comfortable but also stiff enough. I’m looking at the shoes in the title but also maybe the Giro Privateer if anyone has any advice. I don’t use platform type SPDs either if that should influence my choice.

jamj1974

I have the Mavics and they are pretty good. Comfortable and supportive.

xyeti
    Free Member

I’ve had the Mavic ones and they were OK but nothing special, they were the early ones about 5 years ago, they split on the sole and the buckles busted.

The terraduro ones I couldn’t get on, too narrow and flat across the arch, they pinched my foot and my instep wouldn’t let the ratchet strap go into the buckle, that’s my experience, The Giro ones don’t come in a HV fitting and I believe the Mavic ones are better now, I stuck with SHIMANO ones, Sidi are narrow fitting as you prob know so either would fit you I think, I really like the Giro VR90, lace ups but they look really good.

simondbarnes

The Giro ones don’t come in a HV fitting

Yes, they do.

MSP

I didn’t like the giro Terraduro much, and the soles broke up (on the version that had supposedly fixed the problem).

Currently have some spesh 2fo lite and five ten kestrel, I think the five tens are a better shoe, but the spesh fit me a bit better.

xyeti
    Free Member

Simon, I stand corrected, just googled it now, I’ll re phrase that, they weren’t available in HV when the normal ones were too snug for my pasties, which is a shame as I quite like the Orange.

toons
    Free Member

I’ve got the Giro Terraduro and Mavic Alpine XL.

Terraduro’s are rubbish! The both sole’s needed gluing back on and the plastic straps come lose when walking up big hills.

The lace snapped on one of the mavic shoes.

I’d buy the Mavic’s again.

Gunz
    Free Member

Thanks all. Considering toons have both failed on him and my Sidis are only suffering scruffiness after 10 years I might see if they do something a bit more comfortable.

raisinhat
    Free Member

I’ve had the complete opposite with my terraduros – soles have been perfect, no problems with anything breaking, and super duper comfy. Feels like they were almost custom made for my feet.

They are narrow though, I never got on well with shimano shoes, always feels like I ran out of room end to end, yet still had loads of room and the sides and constant heel lift while I’m waling in them. I also get on well with shoes that don’t have tonnes of arch support, I’ve tried higher insoles and they always felt horrible.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Giron Terraduro or Mavic Crossmax XL, any experience’ is closed to new replies.