• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Giro Xar?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Anyone got one?

Any good?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes.
    Yes.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Indeed

Oh yes, very

stevio

cheap ones @ on-one but only in a neon green & white scheme m/l sizes

fbk
    Free Member

Yes, yes and the green/yellow and white is better in the flesh 🙂

takisawa2

My Hex has the same rocloc system & it is very good.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I had a Xen (pre crash) and now a Hex and tried on a Xar. I might have become a total wuss over the last couple of years. But the Xar adjustment thingy / straps kept pulling lumps of my hair near the adjustment thing. I decided to give it a miss.

jimmy

Yes. Found the Xen comfier, but getting used to it and the rocloc has forwards / backwards adjustment which helps.

marknicols
    Free Member

Yup, fits well. No problems with it.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes just got one as a replacement for my old Xen, good fit and well vented, the Xloc adjustment is better with the new ‘jog wheel’ thing too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One minor consideration here…

If used for commuting as well as proper riding, you may not be able to fit your old light on to the RocLoc as before. The old one had a thinner, zip-tie like bit in the middle which took a clip on light perfectly. The new RocLoc is waaaay better at everything apart from clipping lights on!

Just had to buy a Knog Frog, which while it fits perfectly strapped on, annoys me as I have had to give some money to the juvenile smut-peddlers that are Knog. 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Can I jump in here and ask how well vented the Hex is?

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Had one for a couple of months.

Comfortable and better vented than a Xen. One big downside – the pads aren’t continuous across your forehead, so there’s some nice big gaps for sweat to come pouring down into your eyes.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, thanks for that. Wouldn’t be any good for me then 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Giro Xar?’ is closed to new replies.