Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Giro Terraduro – anyone got a pair?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Quite interested as a trail shoe as my spec disco slippers have finally died.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Great shoe and design which I really, really wanted to like but…

…as a UK 10 their 45 was too small, 46 too big and when I eventually sourced a 45.5 from Germany they just didn’t feel comfortable enough for me to commit.

So I opted for Spesh Rimes @ £80 from Evans. Although apart from the added comfort of the vibram sole and walking ability they are not as nice as the Spesh Pro MTB shoes I’ve had for the last 4 or so years.

steezysix
    Free Member

Second vote for getting the Rimes! Especially if you’ve already got on with specialized shoes, I use mine for everything, stiff enough for road but still comfy to walk in.

Sui
    Free Member

I’ve got rimes and they are overpriced for what they are. My old shimano blue carbon disco slippers were way more comfy… still I’ve got em now so will use them until they die.. taken some getting used to..

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I tried the Terraduro on when looking for some new shoes – the sizing was a bit off on them. I’m normally a 44 in nearly everything (incl Spec shoes) but the Giro’s were very tight. 44.5 wasn’t much better, but then the 45 felt like a boat.

Funnily enough, I ended up with some Rimes.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

I have a pair and some Shimano mp66s. MP66 way more comfortable but nowhere near as stiff. I like both but they’re very different. Sizing is a little snug in the Terraduro.

atlaz
    Free Member

That’s a shame as I get on really well with my Giro road shoes

timb34
    Free Member

I thought I’d seen something about these recently : Bikeradar review which says that if there isn’t a date code stamped inside, they’re from a shonky first production run and will fall apart (but can be warrantied.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/clothing/shoes/product/review-giro-terraduro-48935/

atlaz
    Free Member

Oh well, there’s some cheap privateers on sale that I’ll get instead… or the Mavic Alpine XL

stooo
    Free Member

How are the Rimes for weather proofing?

I’m going through the exact same quandary just now and was leaning toward the Giro… But I’ve always used spesh shoes with success and so, especially after reading this, it may make sense to stick with these

There’s a lot of hiking to do around here, plus walking back up steep sections of trail to try and get them right. My spesh carbon race shoes are really comfy on the bike, and super efficient, but awful to walk in and let ask the grit and grime in during the muddy months.

Also likely to wear them for touring and bike packing, and don’t really want another pair just for that.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Just got a spanking new pair of Shimano M200’s & very impressed as a alternative to the Giro’s.

Much warmer and feet are drier than older shimano’s I have as there’s minimal vents on them, a lot more protection around the ankle and toes, over all very good.

darrell
    Free Member

just to be different. I have a pair that i use for commuting 120km per week on a cross bike. 50% off road and the rest tarmac bashing. Excellent fit and great shoes

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

I’m loving mine. First pair were recalled under warranty, as sole was falling off, any unfortunately, they didn’t have any in my size, so I got a pair of rimes instead. These were uncomfortable on my feet, so managed to get another pair of Terraduro’s online. The soles are quite flat, but still grippy, and work great with cb mallets.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Giro Terraduro – anyone got a pair?’ is closed to new replies.