Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Giro Terraduro
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Anyone say what the sealing system is on these shoes between the insole and the cleat?

Is there anything to stop water getting in?

Cheers

Jason
    Free Member

I have just checked mine and there is some sort of fabric patch stuck over the back of the cleat holes, it looks waterproof. I haven’t had mine long enough to test them in the wet, but seem like a decent pair of shoes so far.

scotroutes

Have they fixed the amazing q/r sole “feature” that plagued the early reviews?

Jason
    Free Member

Apparantly so. Ones with a date stamped under the insole should be fine. Ones with no date are being replaced by Giro. I have done a bit of walking in mine and they seem fine so far. Unsurprisingly a lot better for walking in than normal SPD shoes.

scotroutes

Oh good. I liked the look of these but was put off by those reports

bonesetter
    Free Member

Thanks Jason – this sounds good. I’ve been looking at a few and they all have little to none in the way of stopping water coming through – if you have to put your foot into a puddle etc you’ve got a wet foot

Just had a pair of Shimano M220’s turn up and there is NOTHING whatsover between the cleat slots and the insole!

Great – so, another question while you’re here – how are they on sizing? Do you need to go up, stay at your usual size??

And finally – where did you get yours from? I’m struggling to find somewhere who carried stock of my size (47/8)

Cheers

scot – see here http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/clothing/shoes/product/review-giro-terraduro-48935/

scotroutes

Cool. Will bear that in mind for the future

I’m currently rocking (an earlier version of) these
    http://www.northwave.com/en/product/_gran_canion_gtx

bonesetter
    Free Member

^ They look very good indeed, but a little much for summer, no?

scotroutes

When it’s summer, I’ll let you know 😉

Jason
    Free Member

Size wise I have Shimano and Specialized size 46 shoes. Size 46 in the Terraduro fitted me well, maybe slightly bigger than Shimano race shoes, and a bit smaller than the Specialized.

Shimano shoes normally have a couple of sticky patches included with the shoes that you stick over the cleat holes, although they never seem to last that long.

I got mine from Evans, I am not too far from there Gatwick warehouse so can pop in to try on every shoe they stock online, which helps…

I have been wearing these for the last three days while riding at Afan. Sometimes I was riding (or pushing) with my kids, and some times trying to do fast laps around the trails, temperature was low 20 degrees and I can’t say I noticed my feet feeling too hot or sweaty. Grip was good while pushing over rocks and stuff, and generally nice to walk around in. The sole doesn’t have loads of tread so I can see them struggling in mud. The sole has a bit more flex than the carbon soled shoes I have, but I wouldn’t say they are really flexible. I have noticed that the sides of the shoes rub my cranks more than other shoes I wear, although this might just be down to cleat position.

The colour does clash with my bike slightly:

bonesetter
    Free Member

That’s great info, thanks very much

I’ll compare with how the Shimano’s fit for ordering then

Very sorry to hear about the clash

bonesetter
    Free Member

Absolute beauties – the Terraduro’s turned up today

The slog to find a shoe has been a long one, but these look a winner

Snug fit, quality of materials and build unmatched from what all I’ve been through (my postie’s been taking the piss) – DHB, Spesh Primes to name 3

Sole is more bendy than any so far. Walking across the living room and the shoe is compliant – again something I haven’t seen in any other shoe. i think it must be a good thing

Upper materials are top notch, and there is what looks like a waterproof mesh sealant stuck over the cleat – NONE of the other shoes have this, including the Shimano M200’s priced at almost a ton – any puddle and you feet are wet

Bottom pic has the insole removed

bonesetter
    Free Member

First ride out in the shoes today – great

Feet don’t slide forward into the toe area, and keeps the weight off the ball of the foot, and so off the cleat area reducing pressure

Is compliant when walking and also on the bike

These feel immediately different from all the rest

Very well recommended

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Giro Terraduro’ is closed to new replies.