Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giro Switchblade pretender for £25
  • Swirly
    Free Member

I bought one of these a while back:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3334807.htm?CMPID=GS001&_%24ja%3Dkw%3A{keyword}%7Ccgn%3Apla%7C%7C3334807%7Ctsid%3A11677%7Ccn%3Apla%7C%7C3334807%7Cmt%3A{MatchType}%7Ccrid%3A14542145259

I’ve added low profile thumb turn screws for easy removal.

I have to say for the money I’m impressed and think it is a viable alternative to a Giro Switchblade type helmet for a fraction of the price.

I’ve gone through 3 Switchblades by landing on my head and cracking them years ago and wanted something I can ride to my jump trails with, then add the chinguard for prevention of expensive dental bills.

It fits my head at 58cm and for the price might be worth getting a couple….don’t be put off by the Argos label, you can cover with stickers! 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

personally i don’t see the logic of this type of helmet as its neither one or the other…

higgo
    Free Member

personally i don’t see the logic of this type of helmet as its neither one or the other…

So it might be useful when an ‘XC’ helmet isn’t enough but you don’t need the weight of a ‘DH’ full face?

Or maybe it exists solely to explode and flay all the skin from your jaw on first impact?

Swirly
    Free Member

Each to their own!

Depends where you’re riding to. If you’re going to ride crazy terrain and you arrive by car then you can easily take 2 lids.

I find them good as I don’t really want to wear a full face on the road for 4 miles.I also don’t want to carry a full facer. I’m sure the fashion police probably don’t approve tho!

Swirly
    Free Member

Should have added that the helmet doesn’t look too bad without the chinguard and a trail helmet for £25 is still a bargain. Should have added a PSA on thread title!

fourbanger
    Free Member

What safety standards does it conform to?

Swirly
    Free Member

Well it has a meets European test standard sticker inside EN1078:1997/A1:2005…so I guess it’s comparable to lots of other helmets you can buy….not that I’ve compared…

fourbanger
    Free Member

Cheers. Didn’t see it on the site. Always find it pays to know what you’re relying on to protect your head otherwise you may as well be wearing a saucepan.

Swirly
    Free Member

You’re welcome…as long as your bonce is 58cm or less should fit fine…this helmet is the same as this for £40 on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMX-Cycle-Bike-Bicycle-MTB-Full-Face-Helmet-Matt-Black-54-58cm-Fullface-/230896560299?pt=UK_Cycling_Clothing&hash=item35c281e8ab

iain1775
    Free Member

Guess its fine if your name is Cam Zink, but I wouldn’t get away with having that written on a helmet 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giro Switchblade pretender for £25’ is closed to new replies.