Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Giro Switchblade
  • Gotama
    Free Member

Finally been released. The question is will I look a complete dick in one for enduro radz style trail riding without the chin bar attached. Can’t help but feel that the speeds and proximity to trees means that a little bit more protection is a sensible thing. Chin bar useful for trips to Alps and uk bike parks.

5thElefant
    Free Member

It looks more like a helmet than a polystyrene hat, so probably less of a dick than usual. Unless you add goggles. Obviously.

CheesybeanZ

Orange and blue colourway , I’m in .

honourablegeorge

Looks like a proper full face, but looks so bad as a trail helmet that there’s hardly any pictures of it – still not see one with someone actually wearing it that was.

honourablegeorge

Oh wait, here’s one.

CheesybeanZ
    howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That is a strong look.

nickc

looks like it’ll be sweaty though

orena45

Who gives a shat what others think. If you want it, prefer the extra protection and don’t mind it being warmer than a ‘standard’ trail lid, then go for it.

One head. Protect it as you see fit 🙂

honourablegeorge

I’m looking at it and thinking there’s little to no difference heat wise between wearing that and wearing a full face proper.

kayak23

Reminds me of Kickstart….
    Looks like a good lid protection-wise though.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Looks terrible in open face mode and the chances are the chin bit would be in your bag when you unexpectedly face plant.
    Wont be swapping my met parachute anytime soon.

Gotama
    Free Member

I was hoping for something more like a bell super if I’m honest. It does look pretty hot which is not ideal and……hold on, £225! Might have to hunt down a lazer revolution for a try.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’d genuinely rock that with pride without the chinbar on, you bunch of peasants….just needs to be in white and emblazoned with Gulf logos

#oldschoolcool

#trendsetter 😆 😈

10 quid says that it’s the in thing by October/November.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks terrible in open face mode and the chances are the chin bit would be in your bag when you unexpectedly face plant.
    Wont be swapping my met parachute anytime soon.

If I had one the chin bar would be fitted when racing down. It would be off while riding up. I’d take it on the rides where I wanted more. It gives another dimension in a very limited market for removable chin bars and looks like it’s made specifically for enduro really where making room to breathe is places warmer than the UK is really useful.

kimbers

Cooler* than a parachute, warmer than a 2R on the downs, better protection than either going down

So it definitely has a place, the price hurts a bit tho

*temperature

andywoodall
    Free Member

I’m a bit of a Giro convert this year, so have been waiting for this to be revealed properly.

With Alps trips planned for 2017 and my ever increasing cack handed ness with the dangerous mix of over confidence and a bike better than me, I need this in my life for next Spring.

Plus its goddam orange and that’s as Enduro as f*ck. <snigger>

Gotama
    Free Member

Giro helmets fit my head whereas the Bell doesn’t so will definitely have to give it a try. I’m pretty certain that given my head shape I will look like a berk. As an alternative the Uvex Jakkyl hde looks like a decent bit of kit albeit not in the same protection league as the Giro.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Giro Switchblade’ is closed to new replies.