Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giro shoes sizing?
  • bigblackshed

As title. Anything I need to know before ordering?

Reviews online suggest a snug fit, but not as snug as Shimano.

stugus
    Free Member

I bought a set of privateers recently. The sizes are pretty true to standard and are roughly as slim as a similar style shimano – so pretty slim, but that suits me with my skinny feet.

razorrazoo

Size 8 feet here, Giro shoes came up on the button size wise for me. Can’t say the same for the Specialized shoes I tried which were too small.

dingleberry
    Free Member

My size 10 Chambers are spot on. Really comfy too!

Went with the HV model in the Gauge, but could probably have gotten away with the standard fit.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Size 43 Shimano are perfect for me. Tried on some Giro Alpinenduro boots, really wanted them to fit, but they were too long/thin for my feet which is something coming from Shimano.

drlex
    Free Member

FWIW, usually a 44/10, but needed a 45 in the Empires.
    Try for size in Evans first?
    Order 2/3 sizes from a place with free returns?

tenfoot

I have size 10 (44) feet and size 45 Giro Terraduros. Great fit.

eshershore
    Free Member

Definitely try before buying, especially if you plan to put aftermarket footbeds with increased arch support and varus / valgus wedges. Most of the good Giro shoes comes with a “supernatural” footbed designed by Retul with a arch support system, but those don’t suit everyone

I’m a 42 in most shoes (shimano/specialized,etc.), and probably need the 42 EV (extra volume) of Giro to accommodate the decrease in volume with putting these extra elements inside the shoe (this just pushed my feet up into the top where I could feel the straps as there is little padding under the tongue)

I could not find any EV shoes to try at retailers, and the 43 was too large

prezet
    Free Member

I had to go up one EU size. Normally a 44, and have Territory, Chambers and Jackets in 45. All a great fit.

bigblackshed

Thanks for the replies.

It seems a mixed bag of sizing experiences, maybe need to try for size rather than order blind from my LBS. 😕

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giro shoes sizing?’ is closed to new replies.