Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giro shoe sizing
  • neilwheel
    Free Member

Has anyone got Giro shoes and can comment on sizing?

Ordering online as no local stock. I’d normally be looking at a 45 but their sizing seems to run bigger than other brands. If this is true I’ll probably try a 44 HV.

Any other advice welcome, I’m looking at XC slippers specifically.

Thanks, Neil.

monksie
    Free Member

I’m a UK size 9. My Giro, Sidi, Specialized and Shimano shoes are 44. Loius Garneue are 43 and Bont are 44.5 and they all fit nicely and are standard fitting rather than narrow or wide if that helps at all?

neilwheel
    Free Member

Thanks Monksie. I’m a 9.5 with wide feet so usually go up to a 10 in lace up shoes.

turboferret

I’d pretty much agree with monksie, although I reckon they are a fraction narrower than Mavic or Shimano, but the size is on par.

Cheers, Rich

neilwheel
    Free Member

Hello Rich TF, what type of Mavic shoes do you have?

I have some Mavic lace ups, Alpine and Alpine XL, which fit well.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have a set each of their MTB and Road shoes and am a 45 – I’m a 45 in Shimano too. The fit isn’t any bigger than anyone else I’d say.

turboferret

I think my MTB Mavic shoes are Tempo, with ratchets and velcro straps.

Cheers, Rich

jonba
    Free Member

I’m normally a UK 9 in non cycling shoes. Always buy a size 44 in shimano but found the giro 44 a bit narrow. (length was good).

FWIW the Giro shoes are for sale 😉 look at my for sale post. £90 posted. Giro factor road shoe size 44, EA90 sole, a few hours use on a turbo before I decided I couldn’t use them. RRP >£200.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Thanks Rich TF. Rings a bell, I used to have some Tempos.

Cheers Jonba, looks like I’ll be needing a 45 Wide, I also need slippers that I can walk in with SPD cleats fitted.

smitghga34
    Free Member

I have two pairs of Giro privateers, I am usually a 46 or 47 with wide feet and the 47 HV fit well, I would say the size on the box is true to size.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giro shoe sizing’ is closed to new replies.