Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giro Privateer any users
  • shredder
    Free Member

Like the look of these anybody using them how do they size up etc ?
    Thanks

thomthumb
    Free Member

similar to specialized/ northwave but slightly narrower in the midfoot/ arch area.

My feet don’t fit shimano.

Can’t comment on longevity as i’ve had them 3 weeks.

shredder
    Free Member

Have you got the latest version or previous ?

Gotama
    Free Member

Previous version for me, can’t imagine Giro have materially changed the shape though. I find the sizing as per thomthmb. Good shoes, seem well made, can’t fault them.

Ben_H

I bought a pair in 2014 and am very happy with them. They are my daily commuting, roadie and MTB shoe: basically my only shoes and I wear them near daily.

With some care, they don’t look worn at all and I find them very comfy. They appear to be a very similar design to some old Specialized shoes that I used to have before them for several generations. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re made by the same factory.

fenboy

i’ve got the HV version as wide feet, narrow at the toe still and the older version i have is very slippy on rocks/roots. great shoes apart from the slippy bit but they’ve fixed this now for 2016 versions!

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I got some a couple of months back from Sports Direct of all places (£56). Bit of a gamble as I hadn’t tried them on but were super comfy out of the box. They feel a bit ‘odd’ when walking up steep ground and I can’t quite figure out why – I think it’s because they’re quite stiff and my outgoing Mavics are a little more flexible in the sole.
    I’ve read a few comments about them lacking grip on rock. My first outing in mine was up Snowdon which involved more walking than I care to admit, and they seemed fine.
    Also, the cleat slots allow me to get my foot more centred on the pedal than previous shoes, which I like.
    I’ve got a pair of the new ones with the orange trim on my Xmas list.

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks everyone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giro Privateer any users’ is closed to new replies.