Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Giro Montaro
  • honourablegeorge

Anyone using one? Good/bad/in different? How is it in the heat?

Is it the same/similar fit to other Giro lids like Xar/Xen?

And does it look like a massive mushroom?

jam-bo

i’ve been impressed so far coming from a hex. doesn’t seem any hotter, new style pads are good at absorbing sweat.

blue/green color is so endurooooooo.

bluebird
    Free Member

I’ve got one to replace an old Xar. I really like. It doesn’t seem to be any hotter than my old helmet, fit is just as good, and the visor is less wobbley, which is an improvement.

honourablegeorge

Cool. Sounds like a winner. I have an Urge helmet which I’ve been happy with, but it’s four years old…. thinking I should change it just on age alonme

honourablegeorge

Cool. Sounds like a winner.

mahalo

very impressed. i had a sweet protection bushwhacker that looked and felt perfect but every ride i was having trouble with sweat pissing in my eyes. The Montaro looks and feels even better and have had no such trouble with sweat at all!!

rhayter

Yeah, it’s a nice lid. I find it very comfy and secure. Not as cool as my IXS Trail RS but feels more secure and absorbs bucket loads of sweat. Also the metallic grey with bring orange highlights isn’t too enduro. Not too mushroom-y, despite my narrow-at-the-sides head.

blairc70
    Free Member

Cooler than the troy lee a1 but not quite as comfy, litter bit narrower. Overall very happy as a summer lid.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

I got one, can’t fault it its my best helmet to date.

I went for as someone commented the enduro version – Blue/Green, to match the bike. The colouring is sweet, the orange one looks great too.

Fat-boy-fat

Hmm. Got to say, I find mine a bit warm and the pads have already separated (replacements have just arrived from Giro, so big up to them and crc for replacing them for free). I’m reserving judgement for the mo. It is comfy though.

andywoodall
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a month or two. Fit is great for me, I had an IXS Trail RS before and while nice and cool the large was just way too big, but couldn’t get my head in a medium.

Mines orange, matches Giro’s SPD shoes if matching is your thing.

Only downsides so far? I find the peak moves about a lot in windy weather (no big deal) and my pads have just this week started to fall apart (I’m about to email Giro).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Giro Montaro’ is closed to new replies.