Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Giro Highlights -what's happening to me?
  • TimCotic
    Free Member

Feeling really frustrated with Virgin and Eurosport. I set my Tivo box to record what was advertised as Giro highligts at midnight. I switch on this morning to find I’ve recorded Tour of Norway. I then noticed that the Virgin program guide showed Giro highlights again at 10.00 this morning. Bugger me – it turns out it’s the Tour of Carlifornia. What the hell is going on?
    Can anyone give me a link where i can see yesterdays Giro Highlights please!
    Tim

deft
    Free Member

There was no live footage yesterday due to bad weather. There’s now some snippets watchable here though (spoilers in the description):

TimCotic
    Free Member

Thanks Deft – I’ll have to brush up on my Italian but I got the gist. 😀

geologist
    Free Member

The only reason I have sky is for the eurosport coverage of cycling, I dunno why, the coverage is always piss poor. Half of the time, they reschedule at 30 minutes notice, if something live over runs that day, they always bump the cycling off the shedule!

I though it was meant to be the most popular sport in europe! Why does it get cancelled for underwater one armed juggling?

TimCotic
    Free Member

Yes it does feel a bit like that – doesn’t it? I wasn’t sure in my case whether is was Virgin or Eurosport making the scheduling errors but either way – it did NOT do what it said on the tin. GRRRRR!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Not eurosports fault yesterday…..I believe that they couldn’t fly the plane to transmit the signal from the cameras? Today and the next few stages are a likely to be majorly disrupted.

crazy-legs

Because EuroSport aren’t the ones supplying the original footage, they’re running what the event itself provides.

And whatever different contracts they have in place for the different sports sometimes compel them to run highlights or over-runs, even when it conflicts with the next schedule.

Don’t complain about it recording the Tour of California, that’s been a great race this year! As mentioned, there was almost no live coverage of yesterday’s Giro, the weather was too bad to get both the helicopters and the TV relay plane off the ground.

speckledbob
    Free Member

I watched the last few km on steephill yesterday because of the lack of eurosport coverage. I think there are highlights today between 12.30 and 1.30 depending on how much is available. Coverage should be better today. I believe the weather is a bit clearer.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It is frustrating, but if you can’t fly planes up to relay the signal there ain’t a fat lot you can do about it.

Still, glad Cav had a go at the commissars… Should have stopped the stage earlier and cut out the Galib today…
    It’s not some sort of torture sentence this bike riding thing.

brakes
    Free Member

it should be tough though.
    Eurosport coverage is really frustrating – the Giro highlights are at the back of the schedule behind the Tour of Cali and now the Tour of Norway so if the tennis or whatever goes on for longer the Giro highlights end up being at 12am or even shifted to the other Eurosport channel.
    they’d be better off having a live Eurosport channel and one for highlights.

Kryton57

It’s been on various sky channels at various times as well.

butcher

Yes, the only footage on Eurosport yesterday, after a lot of commentary and ad breaks, was the riders crossing the finish line! Whether they were able to put it together after the fact, I don’t know.

Normal service resumed today.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Giro Highlights -what's happening to me?’ is closed to new replies.