Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Giro Hex crash replacement?
  • grumm
    Free Member

Wrote off my Giro Hex at the Kielder Avalanche Enduro – anyone used the crash replacement thingy? I don’t think I have the original receipt, is there any chance of using a credit card statement or something?

I could buy a replacement from Evans for only £29.99, if I was willing to get it in pink and white, but I don’t think I’m ready for that. Need a large btw

Failing that anyone know anywhere else doing em cheap?

coatesy
    Free Member

It’s normally a pretty good service (unless they send you somebody elses cheap helmet, and yours, which just happened to be the last in stock for 2 months, to somebody untraceable), but i’m fairly sure they’ll need the original receipt. Why not e-mail them- customer.care@madison.co.uk

druidh
    Free Member

You need the original receipt for Giro. Spesh do their replacements without.

grumm
    Free Member

Ok ta, have sent them an email. Worth a try.

smudge
    Free Member

I rang Madison this morning and explained to them about my crash and no longer having the receipt, all I’ve got to do is post it to them with a cheque for £32.50 and brief description of crash and a replacement will be send back to me.

Posting it to them tomorrow so I’ll keep you informed

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm that email address didn’t work.

smudge do you have the number please, sounds promising?

Giro (madison) didn’t need reciepts from me. All they wanted was a cheque and a description of how it happenend. The only “requirement” was the helmet be sub 3yrs old (see the date sticker inside). They were really fast at replacing (couple of days turn around for me). I believe that they do this to ensure that you continue to support them as opposed to looking elsewhere.

doug_basqueMTB.com

They don’t need reciepts. I’ve sent back a few! Fantastic service and one of the reasons that I’ll only buy Giro helmets. They even replaced my helmet when I admitted in my “how it happened” reply that I only broke it by trying to wheelie and show off to a girl!

kennyNI
    Free Member

Replaced one Giro Xen without receipt, then replaced the replacement. Both from smacking into overhanging branches. I really should look up a bit more often.

uplink
    Free Member

Fantastic service and one of the reasons that I’ll only buy Giro helmets.

The same service for Bell from Madison too
    Specialized are great too even if the hats look pants

Mister-P
    Free Member

Grumm – the number you need is 0800 1300598.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The e-mail address was close but there is no dot between customer and care so try customercare@madison.co.uk

twohats
    Free Member

Replaced 2 Giro helmets so far without receipts with no issues.
    Currently have a 3rd one about to go back!

grumm
    Free Member

Excellent just rang them and its not a problem. Pretty impressed with Giro service and the helmet too.

Considering I landed on my head pretty hard, my head doesn’t hurt at all, but my neck and shoulder are very stiff and painful from the impact. Top marks.

Thanks everyone.

druidh
    Free Member

Balls. I phoned Madison and got the “receipt required” line and then threw out the old one.

smudge
    Free Member

Update:
    Got my replacement helmet today 🙂 took about a week all in from ringing madison and getting a new one on my doorstep today.

So special thanks to all the guys at madison 8)

Also, I didn’t need the receipt

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Giro Hex crash replacement?’ is closed to new replies.