Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giro helmets tell me about them.
  • tommid
    Free Member

I want/need (depends if the missus is asking) a new helmet. I have always had Specialized helmets, but I fancy a Giro Hex or Xen, but am I right in thinking they might be best suited to those with an odd shaped head? I am sure I red that on here.

Your input will be gratefully received.
    Tom

rootes1

get the helmet that fits your head best rather than stick to a specific make.

hex fits my head as does my new giro saros, but other giro inc xen do not seem to fit as well

jonb
    Free Member

They are certainly a different shape to the SPecialized (as giro is good for me but specialized bad). Helmets are one of the times you want a well stocked lbs. You need to try some on it's the only way.

elaineanne
    Free Member

apparently you have to have a 'specialized head' to wear a specialized helmet ! thats wot the bike shop said anyway…lol
    i have giro…but 'try plenty of helmets on' …certainly one thats fits you comfortably…yeah not necessarily the make !

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Had a Xen for a couple of years now and it is great, good fit comfy and it really would save your head in an accident. I'm not sure whether I have a standard head or a strange shape head but I tried a Catlike helmet and that was all wrong for my head.

higthepig
    Free Member

Had the Xen helmet for over a year now, easy to fit and also easy to adjust the cradle fit during a ride, visor is easy to move and stays where you put it. The only downside I have had with this helmet, is the increased wind noise from the straps, most noticeable during tarmac commutes to off-road sections, once in the mud I don't do that fast to create wind noise!

cynic-al
    Free Member

what rootes1 said – Hex fits my long & narrow bons, Zen does not.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Buy by fit, not make. I find spesh don't fit me, too narrow. I was always a Met user until I tried a Giro last year, and found that newer shaped Giro fitted me. Same type of retention system as the Met it replaced too!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Both Spesh and Giro fit me very well.

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

I have a hex. Fits well and doesn't give me the mushroom affect that other helmets do.

Giro Hex £39.99 here

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giro helmets tell me about them.’ is closed to new replies.