Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • giro helmets – long straps ?
  • iainc

New Xar the other week and straps seem mighty long ?

The rubber band thing tidies them up but think its time for some sharp scissors to lop an inch or so off and seal on the hob ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes, not a new thing for me, nor just Guro.

iainc

Ah, not just me then. Will find some sharp scissors !

Jamie
    Free Member

Yup. My Savant had a visit from Mr Scissors to sort out the length of the straps. Make sure you put a lighter on the ends afterwards, to stop them from fraying.

fasthaggis

Yup,they are a bit long.
    Don’t forget to run a match/lighter/flame thrower over the ends 🙂

I also chop a lot off the straps on my backpacks 😉

nach
    Free Member

Yeah, really long. Mine is a decent fit with the dial system, but even with the strap tightened right up I can get more than two fingers inbetween it and my chin.

gogg
    Free Member

Heat up an old knife on the hob, it will make a much neater job.

iainc

some good tips, cheers

aP
    Free Member

I remember years ago being told at great length by someone that cutting the straps shorter on a Giro helmet would completely invalidate the warrantee and make the helmet unsafe.
    Never thought about shortening rucsac straps…

iainc

I remember years ago being told at great length by someone that cutting the straps shorter on a Giro helmet would completely invalidate the warrantee and make the helmet unsafe.

Eh ?? how would that work ?

Mister-P
    Free Member

I would imagine the warranty says something along the lines of “The warranty does not apply to defects resulting from abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper fit, alterations or use unintended by the manufacturer”.

In the real world I can’t see cutting the straps would affect the rest of the helmet but it is an alteration from original specification.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I remember speaking to a bloke many years ago who had bought a Giro helmet and had cut the straps. Unfortunately he had cut them too short and wanted us to replace the helmet FOC. It pays to measure twice, cut once 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘giro helmets – long straps ?’ is closed to new replies.