Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Giro Helmets
  • radar
    Free Member

Having just killed my Giro E2 lid I’m looking for a replacement.

In an ideal world I’d just go out and buy a new E2, but Giro don’t make ’em anymore.

Which of the current crop of Giro XC style helmets can the visor be removed from? (Only owning one helmet the E2 was great, visor on for off-road, visor off for on-road.

Which of the current crop of Giro lids is nearest to the E2? And can the visor be removed/reattached?

Ta in anticipation

Onzadog
    Free Member

I moved from an E2 to an Athlon. Think they\re still around at a good price but I think that’s now been replaced with the Xar.

coatesy
    Free Member

Replaced my E2 with a Phase, if you’re a large then I have a virtually unused one in matt black if you’re interested(4 days commuting before I conceded that I needed a medium).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    munrobiker
    Free Member

I had 2 E2s then reluctantly got an Athlon- turns out t’s much better. Lighter and more comfortable.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another who reluctantly gave up after several E2s (Best helmet they ever made, IMO) Now on a Xar. Pretty impressed, despite original one going back under warranty.

radar
    Free Member

And you can definitely take the visor off and put it back on again easily?

sillyoldman

Yes.

Visor is easily removed and refitted to Hex, Athlon, or Xar.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep. It’s simple.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Athlon was a direct replacement for the E2, visor comes off and it looks acceptable on the road bike if that’s why you’re worried 😉

Reluctant
    Free Member

E2 onto Athlon here as well – nice helmets.

ricardo666
    Free Member

yep the visor pops off on my hex

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Giro Helmets’ is closed to new replies.