Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Giro Feature or Fox Flux ?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

They both fit fine, I just can’t decide which to go for.

Anyone have either and found any issues with them ?
    Or any positives ?

(I’m crap at decisions me !)

alfabus
    Free Member

get the one on the left.

andycs

How about the 661 Recon?

househusband

Giro has a crash replacement policy (have used it myself twice) whereas Fox doesn’t AFAIK.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have had a Flux for some time and more recently a Feature. They are both very good the Flux I think is a little more luxurious and probably a little more trail-tastic whereas the Feature is a bit basic like a rally car but the coverage is better and imo it looks more gnar.

The Feature is well thought-out and is unobtrusively light for a helmet of this type. There’s not a lot of the interior in contact with the head so it makes good use the fairly basic ventilation. The only negative is the chin straps are cheap verging on nasty and don’t have under-ear adjusters which could be a problem if your ears aren’t where Giro think they ought to be

I wear the Flux for sociable trail riding and the Feature when I’m ‘on fire’ 🙂

You might also want to consider a Fox Striker.

mtbfix

Fox do have a crash replacement warranty thing. It is very efficient IME and they do not require proof of purchase. When I dinged my Flux earlier this year I sent it back to them on a Wednesday and had a new helmet by Saturday.

fasthaggis

Just bought a Striker ,to replace my MET (KAOS)that I did a headstand on 🙄

Went a size down on my norm ,as Fox sizes seem to have a bigger fit.
    First test ride tonight,I wonder how waterproof it is ? 😀

justatheory
    Free Member

That new POC one looks nice too.

muddy247
    Free Member

Have used the Fox Flux for 18 months with no problems. Shop around and you should get last years model at a good price

ElShalimo

Fox Flux is a great helmet but I find it very hot, so great for colder days.

househusband

Fox do have a crash replacement warranty thing.

Thanks for that – I was unaware!

Northwind

I liked my Flux a lot- it’s massive and heavy though. Their newer Striker is a much better helmet in most ways but does have a wee bit less bottom-of-head cover. Haven’t worn a Feature but my old Hex was a well put together bit of kit, better thought out than the Flux tbh but not as good in use for me- too “top of head”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Giro Feature or Fox Flux ?’ is closed to new replies.