Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 252 total)
  • Giro d'Italia thread (with likely spoilers)
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Rumour has it Bertie went home last night.

fubar
    Free Member

Rumour has it Bertie went home last night

Grrr, I fell for it. I presume he may have slept in his own bed as his house was nearby.

bikebouy
    Free Member

😆

Indeed.

😉

DanW
    Free Member

Bit of a pisstake today don’t you think hearing about all the riders fined for sticky bottles on the climbs…

Funny how it was ok for Aru to do it without penalty and for Contador to remove his helmet in an earlier stage, again without penalty…

DanW
    Free Member

I joked about this on another thread and now it seems it has gone live… facesofaru.tumblr 😀

fubar
    Free Member

Come on Eurosport, missing cycling for tennis yet again !

mrblobby
    Free Member

Getting a very bored of the almost daily “what Oleg thinks” articles on the cycling news sites.

Should be a good finish to today’s stage.

fubar
    Free Member

Should be a good finish to today’s stage.

Perhaps I’ll find out if Eurosport start showing it before the race is over

ahsat

Arghhhh, similar Eurosport frustration! You have 17 channels of tennis! Give us back the cycling! Did anyone manage to catch last nights highlights round the tennis?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh I see Gilbert is in the break. Did think of him when I saw the profile. A tough climb on the way though.

atlaz
    Free Member

Why don’t they have the Giro on ONE of the on-demand online channels at least. French Eurosport had 100% Roland Garos coverage on the player

mrblobby
    Free Member

FFS, very poor of Eurosport. Ok, a big deal in the world of tennis if Williams gets knocked out, but this game could easily go to a 3rd set. When do we get the Giro?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like Contador wants to make a point!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh I see Gilbert is in the break. Did think of him when I saw the profile. A tough climb on the way though.

Sometimes I wish I was a betting man 🙂

Edit… am I the only one watching today?

Solo
    Free Member

Gilbert!
    🙂

martello
    Free Member

If Eurosport is hacking you off, you could always watch via RAI Sports website. http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raiSport/Page-e4b09033-8cc9-44ad-b3bb-07749f6be153.html
    You also get to pick either of the moto’s or helicopters if you so fancy.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

^This.

Coverage is outstanding. Loads of camera options, commentary and analysis just let down by the fact I don’t understand Italian. It’s also on from around 12:45pm to it’s conclusion. Nice to have on in the background while pottering about.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Didn’t get chance to see todays stage but so happy for Gilbert 😀

And Bertie wiggled off from Astana to prove a point too, well then the Italian press aren’t going to like that very much are they..

I foresee a penalty for some obscure infringement heading Berties way handed out by the RCS Mafia, you know just to “even” things up for Aru.. Watch this space.

But have to comment on Aru’s all balls out ride yesterday, whilst not able to hang on in there towards the end, sure there aren’t many riders willing to turn inside out as he did on the climb when Landa scuttled off. Proper respect I have for him.

Someone sabotage Tinkoff’s Twitter feed please, Dear Me he’s such a bore.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

whats in Aru’s bottle?

atlaz
    Free Member

Loads of camera options, commentary and analysis just let down by the fact I don’t understand Italian.

I wonder how the feeds match up. In theory I could run the eurosport commentary with the rai video… hmm

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Contador taking the piss there 😀 sucks to be Astana.

servo
    Free Member

whats in Aru’s bottle?

I saw Contador had a similar bottle without a lid last week. I thought it was just while he had a bad shoulder to keep his snacks in without having to reach around to his back pockets.
    Never seen them before in a race, but it does look like the ones you keep spares in! 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

I foresee a penalty for some obscure infringement heading Berties way handed out by the RCS Mafia, you know just to “even” things up for Aru.. Watch this space.

They’re certainly trying.

atlaz
    Free Member

I thought it was just while he had a bad shoulder to keep his snacks in without having to reach around to his back pockets.

I can only assume that with the motorbikes carrying water all over the leaders group they are happier carrying extra food rather than a second water bottle.

DanW
    Free Member

whats in Aru’s bottle?

It’s not the battery for his motor is it? The Astana mechanics are obviously forgetting to keep it charged! 😆

A sensible suggestion may be some aero advantage? More likely though it is Specialized really pushing their SWAT b()llocks that has now seen stash hatches appearing on the MTB’s. What is wrong with pockets 🙄 😀

I foresee a penalty for some obscure infringement heading Berties way handed out by the RCS Mafia, you know just to “even” things up for Aru

It would be much easier to penalize him for taking his helmet off when he did but hey ho 🙄 Contador winning the Giro is equally good advertising for the event so I don’t think are too bothered either way

chrismac

Lost interest in this years race as its being dominated by know drug cheat (Contador) and teams with dubious histories on how clean they are.

I dont understand why sponsors want to be associated with drug cheats?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not all countries/markets have the same attitude towards drug cheats that we generally have in this country. Vino for example, still a national hero in Kazakstan.

Kryton57

Something isn’t right. One rider takes 5 mins out of a breakaway by himself on a mountain whilst not looking like he’s making any more effort than my turbo warm up.

We’ve never seem that since…. Oh wait…

brakes
    Free Member

it wasn’t 5 minutes and there was toil involved.
    you’re allowed to ignore your cynicism you know, if you do the cycling is very exciting.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

A sensible suggestion may be some aero advantage?

Win Tunnel says no

this Tinkoff bus thing is nice and cringey

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ryder, I’m quite liking the cut of his jib in this final week.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Aru = painface

Awesome

DanW
    Free Member

Ryder, I’m quite liking the cut of his jib in this final week.

Meh. A 34 year old, 1.9m climber who doped throughout MTB and doped in his road career….. still looking strong in the mountains? Another I couldn’t care less about. Struggling for people to root for this Giro 😕

Not all countries/markets have the same attitude towards drug cheats that we generally have in this country. Vino for example, still a national hero in Kazakstan.

True. Even let him name the Conti team Vino4ever FFS

Aru’s face was kinda funny at the start but now it is getting beyond a joke! At least Voeckler has some variety in his faces! 😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

Aru win face quite amusing too.

theotherjonv

Just on catch up; someone get Bertie some pink shorts, that pink / blue / dayglo yellow hurts my eyes.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Aru vs Froome vs Heisjadal in an ugly off…

Did anyone see The Inner Ring’s “wounded giraffe” comment ref Heisjadal 😛

Interesting “final” stage today, gravel road could be interesting! I predict another smashfest on the run in then a Contador stage win.

bikebouy
    Free Member

To encourage Aru today, an epic stage..

Odessey’s “inside out”

[video]http://youtu.be/s41fhNaJDCE[/video]

mrblobby
    Free Member

Contador says he’s not bothered if he doesn’t win a stage, I think he’s fibbing.

DanW
    Free Member

Zakarin up the road again 🙄

On the plus side… this Giro is a great excuse to oggle the Nippo De Rosas! Flippin’ Love them. If only I had a spare £5k for the frameset

bikebouy
    Free Member

Another Aru win, left it until late mind but another few mins on Bertie..

All over bar the corks popping eh 😀

I’ve quite enjoyed this Giro, been an interesting mix of Intervention and blokes riding bikes like they mean it.

Bring on the Vuelta.. 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Giro d'Italia thread (with likely spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.