• This topic has 35 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • girls,bikes,girls
  • mikeclarke
    Free Member

Y is it when i go out riding i always see blokes blokes blokes, Never great looking girls? Dont get me wrong i av some great mates that i ride with but every now and then its nice to ride with the female of the species where are they all? ;0)

Taff
    Free Member

There seem to be loads in Hampshire. They’re also cross bred with whippets I think!

markd
    Free Member

do you think it might be because there are men looking for them?

i certainly wouldn’t want to feel like i was being viewed as a sex object when i went out for a ride.

(i get this anyway cause i am damn fine and a man, all man, like the way men use to be, like proper, and stuff)

seriously, the macho attitude adopted by some in our sport puts some ladies off.

cinnamon_girl

Are you a great looking guy then mikeclarke?

mikeclarke
    Free Member

hell, wheres good to ride in hampshire im on my way!! The states is great but its abit far to travel for a weekends riding?

stoney
    Free Member

girls on bikes…. Here you go then!

Balancing on 2 wheels @ 27 months….

cinnamon_girl

Funny, I see very few in Hampshire when I’m riding there!

Taff
    Free Member

There’s always a mix in QECP

mikeclarke
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl ur so shallow its not about the looks lol. macho bullshit defo not!

shinsplints

nichetastic stoney – riding a fixie at her age ! fair play ! 😉

what tyres for riding up & down a double parked road ?

zaskar
    Free Member

Aww cute little tyke on wittle pink bike.

Actually I don’t care about women or anyone on bikes!

I have GF and don’t drroll over women riders.

Did notice a lady roadie who was very fit-dunno why I noticed but she reminded me of my GF!

I ride my bike to ride not look at who, what and whom is riding as I’m going to fast for myself to think straight and crash.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Stoney- Brilliant! She’s soooooooo cute, it’s just silly! What a lovely image. That sums up how life should be, somehow. Don’t ask me why. A reminder of why life is worth living. And why we mussunt give up, for the sake of all our futures.

I’m a tad concerned about the pavement parking, mind. I’d be having a word… 😯

poppa
    Free Member

Fixie with no brakes. Poser.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Stoney,

I guess your girls have to ride on the roads as the pavements are full of 4x4s

C

2hottie
    Free Member

Stoney that little lady in your pic is riding a Hope Runner!

She could do with some gloves mind..

BluePalomino
    Free Member

i certainly wouldn’t want to feel like i was being viewed as a sex object when i went out for a ride.

One gets used to it.

BadlyWiredDog

A reminder of why life is worth living. And why we mussunt give up, for the sake of all our futures.

What, just stop breathing you mean? Are you tempted? And what does ‘mussunt’ mean, when I read stuff like that it makes me feel like a 20-stone bloke in pink Lycra has just walked past my front room window. Yuk.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Don’t be so bitter and angry. I just meant, in a world where things may seem, at times, futile and full of despair, it’s nice to see little ones just having fun, being happy, and having a love for life.

And that’s why we shoon’t give up on them.

andywhit
    Free Member

Loving the pavement parking in Stoney’s picture.

rOcKeTdOg

stoney, now that is niche, not even a drive train at all, respect! (don’t show it to sheldona he’ll only want one) 🙂

to the OP, get yourself on a STW organised ride, there were lovely ladies on my last one

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

i certainly wouldn’t want to feel like i was being viewed as a sex object

Wish I was!

thepodge
    Free Member

i go riding with my girlfriend and all her female doctors. its an interesting time to say the least

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

Stoney, i just showed my wife that pic and she thought it was our daughter!
    Very similar age, hair length/colour and we got her one of those pink adnams runners!
    It seems we are living some kind of parellel life.
    You must also be a handsome fella who is faster than all his mates 😀

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

There were loads of girls on bikes at Glentress today.

BadlyWiredDog

Don’t be so bitter and angry. I just meant, in a world where things may seem, at times, futile and full of despair, it’s nice to see little ones just having fun, being happy, and having a love for life.

And that’s why we shoon’t give up on them.

Well why didn’t you just say that then?

psling
    Free Member

Loads of female riders on our local trails. On a good weekend, probably a hundred or so. Still outnumbered by male riders though. A lot are on the family trails with youngsters but there’s a good percentage of ‘proper’ ( 😉 ) MTBers too. Having said that, they’re just other riders out enjoying themselves and we don’t really take much notice of the male / female thing.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

in that case they’d better stay indoors. A lot of men look at most women in this way. It’s harmless provided they don’t stare obviously, or drool or shout rude stuff.

in a world where things may seem, at times, futile and full of despair

this is a personal viewpoint. Parenthood itself is an expression of confidence in the future.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

yus, I was a girl at Glentress! Saw quite a few other females too. Me thinks it’s the nice weather

MoreCashThanDash

Lots of fit – in all senses – ladies were riding the Rutland sportive last Saturday. Usually see at least a couple of ladies when I’m roadie-ing in the Peak District.

To be fair, not many on mountain bikes.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

yus, I was a girl at Glentress!

and now ??

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

now I’m a girl no longer at Glentress. of course 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

now I’m a girl no longer at Glentress

phew! those sex change ops are SO messy darling…

stoney
    Free Member

Thanks for your nice comments regarding No4 child, “my little girl”. Shes conqered 2 wheels a lot earlier than when the pics were taken. We tried her on a pedal bike with sableizers just to see if she could acually pedal…… she can!!! and she is only 28 months!!!!.
    The parking is a bit of an issue though. We live @ the end of a dead end road and we are the oly ones who have 1 car!!!!

Travis

When I moved to Beijing, I started riding with the local ‘foreign’ MTB group. It consisted of 9 Chinese ladies, and 3 foreign men (including me)
    And that was before my wife starting joining them as well…

sc-xc

captain_spaulding – Member

Stoney, i just showed my husband that pic and he thought it was our daughter!
    Very similar age, hair length/colour and we got her one of those pink adnams runners!
    It seems we are living some kind of parellel life.
    You must also be a handsome fella who is fruitier than all his mates [:D]

😕

Haze

I thought it was “civil partner”?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘girls,bikes,girls’ is closed to new replies.