Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Girls what’s your favourite hardtail?
  • ivnickkate
    Free Member

Mrs ivnickkate is looking for a new hardtail, around £400 – £700. She is 5’5″, and currently has a women’s specific scott kokomo. Thanks, as my suggestions are apparently rubbish…….

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Mrs singelspeeddan got one of these for a smidge under 600. Forks need to be changedfor lighter springs but it seems pretty sound generally and a good frame. They are prety short on the tt. If you can get one of last years models from somewhere the spec is very good for te money.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

One of the Dirty Girls club recently bought a Merlin Malt (?) the spec was fantastic for the price. She’d be about 5.5″-5.6″ and bought a 15″.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I have an old old (1994) Kona Fire Mountain which I love however it’s about to die. I’m looking at getting this Cube (although it is at the top end of your budget!).

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30547

however there is a slightlu cheaper one:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30548
    which has been given good reviews.

Bunnyhop

My first hardtail was a Kona cindercone. Kona’s tend to suit a womens body geometry.
    At the moment my bike of choice is the On One inbred, It’s a 14″, which suits my height (5′ 4″) and I love it.

AverageMark
    Free Member

Evans are selling 14″ Kona Kulas at 575. I know cause i just ordered one for the wife.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/kona/kula-2008-mountain-bike-ec000796

there you go

Hairychested
    Free Member

Mrs Hairychested has a 17″ Kona A (old bike of mine), Scott Octane (17″ too). She liked Scott Contessa of some sort but I needed a car.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Mrs stratobiker has a s-works stumpjumper hardtail circa 2000. She just don’t like anything else. I even bought her a newer version, but she didn’t like it, and sold it!!!

ton

mrs ton say’s she wants a stiffee 😈

matt_outandabout

mrs_oab has a Cannondale F900SL – all XT/Hope Mini’s and loverly lightness, with a headshock tuned to work for her 7st weight, and a 13″ frame for her 5′ form.

Cost?

£250 second hand, just serviced with new pads n chain n casstte…minted!

So much quicker and lighter than her old bikes (a C16r and a saracen).

I have to say the big differences are fit – so nice to have a bike that is not a stretch. Also nice to have a bike really light wheels and tyres – it takes off like a scalded cat, and eeny weeny 1.9 Conti Supersonic tyres are not a problem when you are so light…! Finally, to have suspension that properly and smoothly works (when you are so light) is fab.

hicksville
    Free Member

Living in a female dominated house, most offspring have been 5ft 5 and partner 5ft4 I could suggest ones that we have owned
    santa cruz chamelon older one
    cove stiffee…….dire name
    pipedream sirrus
    orange P7
    Dialled bike PA

but these are all frame only but great bikes

dropoff

ton, I have a black stiffee if its any use 🙂 although it is fairly old and battered looking 😯

dropoff

oops, why did that post twice

Tracey

We three girls have Chameleons

Tracey

flatback
    Free Member

my wifes 5’4 and rides a 15 inch orange evo8, orange have one in there sale on the orange site for £700 for last years model

judy_rockshox
    Free Member

I have a Rockhopper wmns but I think they sell it as a Myka now. I am 5ft 2ins and it has loads of standover height. It also has rack mounts so as I dont have a car I can use it for shopping etc.

cinnamon_girl

Was really happy with my Rock Lobster in a 15″, I’m 5’5″. Now have a 14″ Inbred singlespeed but the top dog is a Ti which I adore.

Just put some decent forks and wheels on it, will make such a difference.

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone for their posts, I have been trying to convince mrs ivnickkate re spesh myka. So I will see what i can do.

clareymorris

40% off Merlin and Rock Lobster frame s at the mo…….

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=search&offerId=38

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, another vote for Kona here. Love my 14″ Inbred too (the 16″ers are quite a bit longer iirc).

ivnickkate
    Free Member

If you decide to sell, could e-mail me with details of your myka, price, size and a rough location,then I will pass these on to mrs ivnickkate. thanks.

cinnamon_girl

You do occasionally see Rock Lobster’s in the Classifieds. Loads of folk were interested in mine last Autumn.

FWIW a 16″ 456 would be too big.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Mine is nice 🙂 Frame only, but good value – specially if you have bits hanging about in the garage you can build up with.

radoggair
    Free Member

ton – Member
    mrs ton say’s she wants a stiffee

Is that cause Mr Ton wants a handjob??? 😛

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Girls what’s your favourite hardtail?’ is closed to new replies.