Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Girlfriend just went BALLASTIC at the sight of a spider…i dont get it!
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

She went mental, granted it was a fairly big spider. I tried to remove it from the house but it escaped (oops!) at which point she went nuts. Now in a strop! I dont like mice I suppose, but dont get it with spiders.

Bunnyhop

Understandable for most women. Me I'm a bit wobbly around maggots and frogs. However I would happily pick up a spider (this year they've been whoppa's).
    This is your chance to prove you're manlyness and save your poor maiden in distress.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

incy-wincy spider, climbing up the spout…

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I would do if I could find it…it ran off under the sofa! Doh! As I said, not keen on mice!

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I would do if I could find it…it ran off under the sofa! Doh! As I said, not keen on mice!

2hottie
    Free Member

I **** hate spiders, I egg the dog on the murder the ba5tards!!!!!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it ran off under the sofa!

where the mice live ??

carlphillips
    Free Member

you are making the mistake of applying rational thought to a woman..

scaredypants

she's looking for a big brave hunter-gatherer to kill it & take her to bed

sadly, you've missed the cut

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

for a big brave hunter-gatherer to kill it & take her to bed …

and sire a gang of orcs…

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Maybe there are mice under the sofa…as for taking her to bed, i think it's now past that point…proper sulk happeing! Looks like it's me and the dog (not in bed mind…) .

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Get a raisin, and a frying pan..

Put the raisin on the side in the kitchen,

while mrs is distracted,

Whack the raisin with the frying pan so it sticks to the bottom…

Walk up to the mrs like a neanderthol hunter, give her a quick glance at the bottom of the frying pan…

She will think you are a hero… 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

(not in bed mind…)

phew! We were all thinking you weren't that fussy…

santacruzsi
    Free Member

SFB – i'm not normally…. 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member
    GolfChick
    Free Member

hate em, i think i'd be with ure misses n be put out a bit if my fella didnt do everything in his power to then go n find the escapee.

roper
    Free Member

My wife gently handled Princes Fá Nay Nay for the first time today 😀

Here she is with her fat booty.

and tucked up in bed

BadlyWiredDog

Not very Buddhist here, are we… Put the poor thing outside where it's safe, then her in in the morning for breakfast 😉

taka
    Free Member

i put maggots in my mates drink she went feking mental nearly smashedmy headoff! :mrgreen:

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I dont like mice I suppose, but dont get it with spiders.

Freaking out at the sight of a spider makes a lot more sense than freaking out at the sight of a mouse.

Human beings evolved in a tropical region of the world where spiders can be a serious threat to the species, I am not aware of small rodents ever posing a simular threat. The fear of potentially dangerous creatures has it's roots in basic instincts – the deep fear of snakes for example, goes right across many species.

wwaswas

"Not very Buddhist here"

My wife killed a bluebottle with 'Vegetarian Food' magazine yesterday.

The irony seemed to be lost on her.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I used to chase my brother round the house with spiders when i was little – much fun. He was even scared of the little money ones. I've met as many irrational men as women – ok, not wanting to remove the black widow from the mens bathroom might not be entirely irrational 🙂

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

I think the only way is to catch'em young. I now routinely handle spiders (which I still dislike doing), just to teach my 6 year old daughter that it's all just fine.

She now lets them run about her arms, Perhaps one day she'll be whingeing about the boys!

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

My wife used to live in Oz where pretty much everthing in Nature wants to kill you. She goes mental over spiders, I didn't understand till she showed me one of her old home videos from when she was little.
    A spider the size of my hand scaled the outside wall of her house to head height and then leaps out and catches a bird swooping in to land on the lawn.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

My 4 yr old God-daughter has no problems with worms, slugs and assorted creepy crawlies. Once saw her calmly remove a large slug from her bouncy castle with her fingers. 😯

Very indignant!

"You must not play on my bouncy castle. You must GO." 😆

Flies, on the other hand really upset her. Then her mum told her that spiders eat flies.

Over summer she scouted the garden for spiders to bring indoors, which gave us all a bloody good laugh, and gave her dad the fear [which made us laugh even more!] 😀

doc_blues
    Free Member

my 20 month old is absolutely mad for spiders at the moment – he's got a big plastic tarantula which he carries round singing incy wincey spider to himself with. also a big fan of an identifying british spiders poster I got him – a typical morning goes

spider!
    spider!
    anubba spider
    and anubba
    and anubba

repeat ad nauseum….

seemingly irrational fear, but I guess if you grow up where there's bigt poisonous buggers then maybe things are different

trailmonkey

Human beings evolved in a tropical region of the world where spiders can be a serious threat to the species, I am not aware of small rodents ever posing a simular threat.

Bubonic plague ?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Girlfriend just went BALLASTIC at the sight of a spider…i dont get it!’ is closed to new replies.