Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Girl shot by Taliban starts school again……. What do you think?
  • I still think not shooting journalists and civilians from helicopters would be better PR than treating one girl and putting her in a school thousands of miles from home.

cinnamon_girl

Is the NHS denying you essential medical treatment? Can you prove this? If so, then you may well have a case.

Yes I can prove it and will be doing so. I’m looking forward to it!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I still think not shooting journalists and civilians from helicopters would be better PR than treating one girl and putting her in a school thousands of miles from home.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Something for thx1138…

hora
    Free Member

I still think not shooting journalists and civilians from helicopters would be better PR than treating one girl and putting her in a school thousands of miles from home.

You know I think her case is 100% grounds for Asylum. What would you do? Patch her up and pop her in Pakistan or ask if someone else to take her?

Asylum should be for genuine cases and boy shes genuine.

thx1138
    Free Member

Wow, well I never. I never knew it was legal here however WHO would? You’d have to be abit **** strange- you grow up with your inlaws after all. Grim.

You’d also have to be a bit ignorant to not know the laws in your own country, yet seemingly criticise other cultures for something…

Of course. But to be seen to be a fair, compassionate and caring society, we’re doing ourselves a big favour in terms of our world standing. And let’s face it; with our recent track record, we need all the positive PR we can get!

Yes I can prove it and will be doing so. I’m looking forward to it!

Then I wish you the best of luck. You’ll be aware of course that the NHS will have to use public money to fight the case;’ money which could be spent on treatment rather than on expensive legal services.

Something for thx1138…

Thanks. The one I’ve got is perfectly adequate. 🙂

konabunny
    Free Member

Last year the government decided we should treat a few blown up Afghanns in our hospitals. Again very noble, but this actually prevented UK citizens getting ITU beds.

Did it?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

There are some threads that should be locked. This is one of them.

cinnamon_girl

Then I wish you the best of luck. You’ll be aware of course that the NHS will have to use public money to fight the case;’ money which could be spent on treatment rather than on expensive legal services.

How naive. 😐

hora
    Free Member

Last year the government decided we should treat a few blown up Afghanns in our hospitals. Again very noble, but this actually prevented UK citizens getting ITU beds.

WTF? Why not practice Eugenics then? I guess you’d advocate this next to thin the ‘wasters’ in the UK population?

Little hitlers are everywhere.

thx1138
    Free Member

How naive.

Really? Please enlighten me then.

Also:

I’ve been paying for my own medical care as the NHS won’t. How do you think that makes me feel?

Incredibly fortunate that, unlike billions of others worldwide (including Malala Yousafzai), you are able to afford to pay for healthcare?

nealglover
    Free Member

putting her in a school thousands of miles from home.

She was on the news yesterday walking to school.

It didn’t seem to be that far from home otherwise she would probably have got a bus.

ab1970
    Free Member

Absolutely. Although one is the action of the US and one the action of Pakistan.

You know I think her case is 100% grounds for Asylum.

Absolutely, although I don’t believe any claim for asylum has been made.

khani
    Free Member

I’ve been paying for my own medical care as the NHS won’t. How do you think that makes me feel?

There’s got to be more to it than just this, why? Difference of opinion on your condition or difference of opinion on treatment or argument that it exists at all?

Last year the government decided we should treat a few blown up Afghanns in our hospitals. Again very noble, but this actually prevented UK citizens getting ITU beds

Cobblers!

BermBandit
    Free Member

Big mistake!!!!
    Should have know better and will next time.

Fair one OP Well done.

bails

I presume all the whinging about taxpayers money is coming from people who pay tax in Pakistan, seeing as the Pakistani government are paying for everything and have given her father a diplomatic job based in the uk.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Sorry, call me cynical but this is just propaganda/PR and insulting to those that desperately need help, of whatever kind.

Except Pakistan is paying for her treatment, treatment that she could have only got in the USA, the UK or perhaps Germany.

Very very few countries have surgeons who are heavily experienced in operating on gunshot wounds to the head, those countries that do tend to be those at war…..so basically she was limited to NATO countries…..those NATO countries that offer this expertise are the ones I listed above. The international community offer their medical services to each other on quite a regular basis in times of need eg in disasters especially when those disaster hit countries find they do not have the relevant capabilities that they need…..this is called diplomacy…..something you seem to have no concept of…..and yes….. diplomacy is far more important than your “little Englander” needs…..funnily enough.

So in effect you are saying you’d rather this child die, so that you can get whatever treatment you demand? And what is that treatment pray I tell? Is it some bollocks highly expensive drug that barely passes statistical significance tests in terms of treating whatever it is you have?

dogbert
    Free Member

Little girl gets shot for trying to get an education and people get all uppity about it because tax payers are having to foot the bill?

franksinatra

Don’t be ridiculous. Treating and educating this young woman will potentially do more to bring about effective change than a whole raft of other methods

Well said, exactly the very reason that we should do this. This hurts the Taliban much more than any amount of bombs.

Some people are very narrow minded. I’m proud that we were able offer the the treatment she needed, and the opportunities she deserves.

CountZero

putting her in a school thousands of miles from home.

She seemed thrilled to bits to be able to walk to school, wearing her new school uniform, without worrying about a bunch of Taliban ‘freedom fighters’ raiding her school bus and shooting her in the head, just because she wants to learn.
    The fact that her national government, Pakistan, is picking up the tab for her education must feel even sweeter to the young lady. She’s incredibly brave, and a credit to her family, her nation, and her faith.
    Despite what others who profess to follow the same faith may think.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Girl shot by Taliban starts school again……. What do you think?’ is closed to new replies.