Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Girl Montaro MIPS users
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Are the Giro Montaro helmets as hot to wear as they look?. Are the sizes accurate too?. Toss up between the above or a Met Lupo. Any experience?

jam-bo

not at all. pads manage sweat better than any helmet i’ve had.

others opinions on them are not the same…

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Love mine

shredder
    Free Member

No nice and cool and pads as above. Had a Bell Super previously which was much warmer in use.

SirHC

Head stays cool, no different to the hex/centre.

luke
    Free Member

Loving mine, I swear for fun and it copes as well or better than any other lid I’ve owned.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Great helmet – shite pads. I’m on about my 8th helmet now and they’re not getting any better.

iainc

I returned 2 of them, and about 6 sets of pads. Great when they work, but the pads were falling apart after an hour or so – they seemed to disintegrate at the seams once wet with sweat.

They have supposedly sorted the pads now, but I got fed up and bought a POC Tectal.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Another one went tits up today. First and only ride and the brow pad looks like Nora Batty’s stockings.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

On the other hand, the pads in mine seem fine, had it for ages now. It’s not a hot helmet I don’t think.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Love mine. Had no issue with the pads either.

ChrisL

My original Montaro had problems with the colour of its shell fading badly but I never had any problems with its pads or those of the replacement. I used the original on my summer holiday in the Alps which was pretty warm at times and I never noticed any issues with it getting too hot.

chiefgrooveguru

As a bass player I know that some people’s sweat kills strings much quicker than others’ – I presume it’s due to the pH level… I wonder if that’s the proper a handful of people are having with these pads? Great helmet – only downside of the absorbent pads is that they’re still damp the next morning when I ride to work after a hot night ride.

andywoodall
    Free Member

Cool helmet, but as others have said, terrible pads.

Mine also faded badly so looks a bit shit a year in. Love the helmet fit wise but generally disappointed by the quality.

1timmy1
    Free Member

Had mine a few months, the MIPS size was slightly smaller than my non MIPS Xen. Not felt a problem with the pads but this thread has made me look closely at them and they are starting to split a bit. I’ll RMA at some point, but it’s not effected me yet. Air flow is good, but it not got that hot to really test it yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Girl Montaro MIPS users’ is closed to new replies.