Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gios. Got it back ahh. Piccy/retro content
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Finally got my old Gios Evolution back. The last time I used it was about 1993 in a 3/V race at Cranfield.
    The frame is good order, in fact fantastic apart from three rust patches in one area. Every nut bolt and washer is Campag seven speed, so no chance of fitting Ergos. All the Campag is near pristine and runs true and smooth. Next is a gentle restoration, perhaps a Gios blue respray.
    The picture shows the condition I found it in.
    Just heard one of the old inner tubes just explode, probably didn't like being inflated after all these years.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

RETRO…..

When ever I see these old photos it reminds me how much better bikes are these days.

Down tube shifters…shudders…!
    Centre pull brakes…help, can't stop….!
    Benotto Tape….I acutally quite liked that.

Regards

Kuco

Nice 🙂

Ed2001
    Free Member

Definately respray to gios blue, Gios are class bikes! My dad had a super record which was a fantastic bike.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You should let the good people of Retrobike see this one as well!

snaps
    Free Member

as well

🙄
    Instead of here

oldgit
    Free Member

The brakes are S H one T.
    Couple of hundred quid to respay and sticker up!

oldgit
    Free Member

Given it a good clean up, at first I couldn't understand why everything was is such good condition, it absolutely gleams the way old bikes do. I spoke to the guy that's had it since 93 and he only used it indoors on a turbo. That would explain why the rust spots are so localised. So instead of a respray I'm taking it to a guy I know that builds choppers and he has a custom paint shop,the idea is he will touch in the three areas. And TBH I'd rather that even if it doesn't quite match than a full respray.
    Post is stuck though.

XC_PK
    Free Member

Treat the rust but keep the original paint job!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gios. Got it back ahh. Piccy/retro content’ is closed to new replies.