Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • ginger beer???
  • Tiboy

Just read on BBC that Clarkson was warned by Ofcom that saying a car was 'ginger beer' could be offensive to homosexuals?? am missing something or is that just PC gone mad?

Kit
    Free Member

Ginger Beer = queer? Yeah, I could see that being offensive if you were gay, especially if its used to denote something as being 'bad'.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

is there any circumstance in which Clarkson is not offensive ?

Tiboy

Ahhh, all makes sense now, apologies, was being particularly slow to not get that one(hangs head in shame). guess that is pretty offensive actually.

Tiboy

Simonfbarnes, true it is generally safe to assume he's being offensive, I just didn't get it.

Olly
    Free Member

Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer is awesome.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

pubic lice, drug abuse, redheadism and homophobia in one phrase ? Could anything be more offensive ??

andywarner
    Free Member

Just because something is denoted as "queer" doesn't automatically equate with it being gay. It could be odd, strange or peculiar, which would make sense if he were denoting it as such. I don't particularly like Clarkson but I'm so f-ing bored of this PC nonsense.

5thElefant
    Free Member

The steak and kidney lock opener was their finest obscure PC baiting. Good work the TG team.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It could be odd, strange or peculiar…..

Nah, ginger beer is London slang for homosexual. Not for "strange or peculiar".

And it has nothing to do "PC nonsense" btw – it's about good manners and not being offensive imo.
    Those rules would have been just as applicable 50 or 100 years ago.

Kit
    Free Member

Just because something is denoted as "queer" doesn't automatically equate with it being gay.

If you were a member of a minority community, constantly fighting for rights and freedoms granted to others, all the while taking abuse for simply being who you are, then it is not hard to see why people become sensitive to such things. In this case, with Jeremy Clarkson's reputation, I don't think it could be construed as anything else.

But to be honest, with the general undercurrent of homphobia on this forum, there are not many people on here who'd understand/care what the fuss is about.

alpin
    Free Member

we used to call a mate "ginger" despite the fact it wasn't his hair colour.

didn't chris moyles (burn him) get away with saying that something – a phone or song or some other such piffling object – was gay. people complained but beeb said it wasn't offensive.

but, i'd happily see clarkson removed from the media. he is, in my opinion, a twot.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Goslings Black Label Rum
    Old Jamaica Ginger Beer
    Dash of Angoustura Bitters
    Wedge of lime.

Dark & Stormy – Yes please barman.

teagirl
    Free Member

I'm with Olly, Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer is awesome 😆

kinda666
    Free Member

Olly – Member

Enville do a nice ginger beer too, not sure of its availability around the country but i don't live too far from Enville 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

fentiman's.

that's all.

hp_source

fentimans or bundaberg ginger beer, mmmmmm

bassspine
    Free Member

I brewed some alcoholic ginger beer from a kit, and it was awesome. 40 pints for about twelve quid, and it made you go all wobbly

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ginger beer???’ is closed to new replies.