Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gin Croft lane and sand beds lane?
  • wors

are they lanes or foorpaths?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

just ride them, I’ve been doing it for the last 8 years and no one has ever said a thing. I’ve even spoken to the farmer.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

look like they’re (cheeky) paths on the map.

wors

are they easy enough to follow?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

are they easy enough to follow?

quite easy. Start at mini roundabout in Edenfield, Gin Croft Lane heads east about 20m north of the MRB, just follow the lane, which becomes the red brick road and then turn right at the obvious junction about 200m after it gets a lot less steep. Fork R up the grassy bit shown in 2nd pic above, and after the 2nd stile head towards the gap in the walls shown here on the R:

Then turn R along rutted flags to meet Pennine BW onto Rooley Moor

big_n_daft
    Free Member

they are cheeky but could do with redesignating

someone keeps damaging the stiles on sandbeds as they constantly are being rebuilt

they are easy to find on the hill/ from Edenfield

Someone has started “improving” parts of Sandbeds Lane so you might get stopped by piles of stone

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

you could go up waterboard road (?) the green line i’ve added to the map..

Ride half way up the lane to the bungalow, slot left, then over the stream onto the road.. (It nearly killed me when I went up there earlier in the year. 😀

please correct me if i’ve not marked the right part of the map!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Don’t go up to the bungalow; the occupants get mighty fed up with the traffic. Take the left half way up the hill onto the footpath as Rooley says.

Simons directions are bob on, but the road (right after 200m…) has now been yellow brick roaded to take the skill out of riding up it. The big downside is that coming downhill is a 50mph scream, so watch out for loons coming down.

My house is on that map 🙂

Eggbox
    Free Member

I’ve been riding up (but mostly down) those for years. Never had a problem.

Lower down near Edenfield they are definitely “lanes” but near the top (the 2nd photo above from SFB) it feels like a path and the stiles confirm this.

wors

cheers for that, its only 11 miles from work or 14 from home to lee quarry incorporating said lanes. 😛

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

if you’re not in a hurry you might care to go over Rooley Moor road for a blistering fast downhill to Higher Dunnishbooth (and admittedly a stiff road climb back onto the moor)

TonyL
    Free Member

We have had a few attempts to get that route upgraded to bridleway. Might be possible to make a claim if there is enough user evidence going back far enough.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

We have had a few attempts to get that route upgraded to bridleway

does it matter ? There’s even a new opening gate on Sand Beds Lane where the old one used to be locked…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gin Croft lane and sand beds lane?’ is closed to new replies.